iCloud with multiple devices

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
i have an iPhone 4, wife has a 3gs, and my son has a iPod touch 4th gen. do i need to create an iCloud acct for each device? or will it backup each device seperately on the same iCloud acct?

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
As long as you keep each device with a different name, you can individually upload separate backups to the same account. Keep in mind that all backups will then subtract from your iCloud storage space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As long as you keep each device with a different name, you can individually upload separate backups to the same account. Keep in mind that all backups will then subtract from your iCloud storage space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, you can have as many devices you want. Make sure they have different names though, you WILL get confused haha. Good luck!

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you doing this for the simplicity of purchases or what? If you set up and account for each you won;t have to share storage space... Just an FYI!

Evan_Beezy

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea for now its a bit of a hassle. Im sure Apple will allow specific profiles and restrictions for devices in a later iOS version (iOS 6?). Surely it will be done very tastefully as always and hopefully retains it Apple simplicity with Steve gone...but yea i think other post solved your question, im just always speculating. I should be a analyst gosh darn it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB