iCloud security

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Having listened to Louis Rossman’s posting on YT today how does everyone feel about iCloud security nowadays ? we have known for a long time that iCloud is vulnerable, but I had not followed the internet chatter about this for a long time. Made me a trifle concerned.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard of anything happening since a movie star got hacked several years ago, when she had used her pet's name as her password. Or something. I've heard no complaints about iCloud security. I don't trust those YT types. I don't follow any tech on YT.

Reactions: kataran

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You are probably right not to trust the YT types. But why trust anybody ? Apple have the most to gain, and are notoriously slow to fix problems.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You are probably right not to trust the YT types. But why trust anybody ? Apple have the most to gain, and are notoriously slow to fix problems.

PS I have used YT videos as a basis to fix laptop, cars, vans etc very successfully. Even my iPhone 4. There are some very skilled people on there. But each to their own !

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Having listened to Louis Rossman’s posting on YT today how does everyone feel about iCloud security nowadays ? we have known for a long time that iCloud is vulnerable, but I had not followed the internet chatter about this for a long time. Made me a trifle concerned.

Is that the guy that keeps complaining about apple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
PS I have used YT videos as a basis to fix laptop, cars, vans etc very successfully. Even my iPhone 4. There are some very skilled people on there. But each to their own !

Yes, there's some decent fix it stuff, and others, on YT. But when I see claims about things like security, I have to pause and look around. I see no one having those issues, and neither do I. So then the guy on YT becomes questionable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77