I will never pre-order another iPhone again..

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, lucky you. It wouldn't activate OTA on mine so I tried online. It then told me I had to change something on my plan which was BS. I tried online again and I guess they got tired of my antics so the webpage suggested I call. Womp, womp. 99% perfect? You a lotting for the slimmest margins of error???

I had trouble activating OTA, as well. I waited for about 3 hours before I gave up and went to the AT&T store. Once in the hands of "professionals"my phone was up and running in less than an hour. Though, not before some random guy named Dave got his SIM card wiped out , but that's a story for another day.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Aside from Siri yelling at me, i only have one issue. I'm from the south, try to imagine the forth coming battles with bad annunciation of simple words... Yeah...lovely

Just remember you can tap on the bubble after it shows you what you said so you can correct it. It's my understanding that Siri learns and adapts to your accent after some use.

ProMed

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
:mad:

I feel that preorder should be delivered the day before launch day.. Most of my friends went to the stores ( apple, sprint, vz, att) and already have their new toy.. in contrast i preordered and still waiting at 450pm New York time.

the purpose of preordering is useless ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seriously?! You demand to have your preorder delivered the day BEFORE launch?! Good luck with that with ANY device!
:rolleyes:

pre = before than... i'm not demanding.. its what it is.. preordering is scks lol
Did you not "order" your phone "before" launch?

I assume anyone that ordered a phone after the first 2 or 3 days of pre-ordering would be getting them after launch day.

mellisnj

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the first Pre-order at a Best Buy store in New Jersey. I pre-ordered on the 7th at 10am. Unfortunately no Best Buy's in my area or a 35 mile radius have received and iPhone 4S for Sprint yet, so Saturday I also ordered one from the Sprint Store and I am still waiting for that to come in. The Sprint store is receiving them 3 at a time per day. I will no longer pre-order at Best Buy as I have done for years on all launch phones. I will stand in line launch day with the rest of the fanboys and fangirls. This has been the most trying experience. They say I will have it this week but this experience has dulled the moment for me right now and I am filled with jealousy. lol

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
ATT was Great!

:mad:

I feel that preorder should be delivered the day before launch day.. Most of my friends went to the stores ( apple, sprint, vz, att) and already have their new toy.. in contrast i preordered and still waiting at 450pm New York time.

the purpose of preordering is useless ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I preordered my iPhone 4S from ATT. I got it Friday at 9:40AM. I called ATT and had my new iPhone 4S switched to my account. It was easy! I will preorder my next iPhone, too.

BluesGuy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Pretty amazing to read the demands and expectations of people for a phone. Sure I was excited about getting mine and it arrived about 5:15. But it beats standing in line any day...As one of the other posts said the biggest frustration was trying for 4 hours to get through to the server. Over all not bad for handling over a million phones. Patience is a virtue my friend

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly...i say let those who complain about delivery times on pre-orders wait in line like they want. Let them experience one of those 10 hour waits where the activations go down and they can't process people in or out for long periods of time, making even those close to the front of the line wait and wait and wait...

And god forbid you're outside during the typical summer release times...here in Atlanta, you'd enjoy such creature comforts as 100% humidity, 95 degree temperatures, random deluge thunderstorms...did i mention you'd be in this for many many hours, and may not get an iPhone even if you were there at the crack of dawn?

Yeah dude...feel free to do the whole line thing, i'd expect you'll enjoy it when the next iPhone comes out...as for me, i'll be happy and content pre-ordering and having it shipped, even if i don't get it on launch day, it beats the hell out of doing all that mess above (which i have personally done...ALL of it).

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There were hardly any lines where I'm at. The next iphone should have more demand so i'd expect bigger lines. But i'm likely to preorder from apple first thing.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
pre = before than... i'm not demanding.. its what it is.. preordering is scks lol

Pre-order simply means that you wont have to wait in lines for long as well as you will never hear things like "OUT OF STOCK"...

Apart from that no one will ever give you a pre-launch of the iphone. This is how the rules of pre-orders are!

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, it is a pre-order. Which means it should be delivered before anyone who did not pre-oder gets theirs.

that's not true.. It means that you have yours reserved and will get it the same day as launch or release day. It's that way for anything you pre order whether it be a book, a record or any other item.. If you get it before launch day that is just luck plain and simple..

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I preordered about 6 hours after it was available for preordering... got home from work last Friday... and there it was... no lines, no useless conversations with sales reps and easy activation... Sorry, but it all works for me...:D

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Can a moderator please shut this thread down? It has been going nowhere fast for a while now. Some useful threads have gotten shut down but this one hasn't? Come on mods!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy