I think I have an addiction to smartphones....

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have only had the Pre, iPhone 3gs, Droid 2 Global, iPhone 4s. Rather short list indeed. I like different platforms, but I like stability and familiarity. I like to have things simply work, so I don?t like changing devices too often. I am due for an upgrade in a few months, then I will decide which phone/platform to go on then I would be there for another two years.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe it was sometime in 2008 I bought a used Palm Treo 700wx on Alltel. That was the beginning of my smartphone addiction. This list is the best I can recall:

1. Palm Treo 700wx (Alltel)
  2. HTC Touch Diamond (Verizon)
  3. LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile)
  4. Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G (T-Mobile)
  5. Galaxy Nexus (T-Mobile)
  6. iPhone 3G (SIM Unlocked - Used T-Mobile)
  7. Nokia Lumia 710 (Factory Unlocked - Used T-Mobile)
  8. Nexus 4 (T-Mobile) Current
  9. Nokia Lumia 920 (Net10 AT&T)
  10. iPhone 5 (Net10 AT&T) Current

I carry 2 phones, and currently the Nexus 4 is my main phone. I carry a 2nd phone for testing purposes; hence the WP8 & iPhone. I actually didn't realize it was quite that many until I made this list just now! But my list still pales in comparison to some of you. And you'll notice I'm OS agnostic. I've used 4 different OS's, counting WM & WP as 2 different ones. That said, my 1st choice is Android, with iOS a close 2nd.

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
PDA's
PalmPilot
Handspring Visor
Handspring Prism

SmartPhones
Treo 300 (well not so smart)
Treo 600
Centro
Storm2 ( how did I ever type on this thing)
iPhone 4S ( great device)
Next - whatever Apple phone is available in Jan 2014 (my next upgrade)

Good Luck

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have had 29 phones in the last 5 years. That's not counting multiples of the same model. It can be an addiction. When I got my first smartphone (AT&T Tilt) I was hooked. Before then, I really never cared about phones. I was quite content with my Razr. Now I have started to get past it. I have had an iPhone 5 since January and haven't had a serious urge to switch to anything else.

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Comeback flip phone
iPhone 3GS
Galaxy S2 (it broke after a year of use cuz I dropped it way too much & was in a nonstop rebooting loop that I couldn't fix at all)
Galaxy S3
Bricked the Galaxy S3
Got an iPhone 4S
Solid iPhone 4S got another Galaxy S3
Sold Galaxy S3, got iPhone 5
Returned iPhone 5 to get a 32gb one
Exchanged black iPhone 5 to get white one
Sold iPhone 5 to get new factory unlocked iPhone 5 so it supported AWS band I needed for T-mobile

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I think I may have kicked the addiction to an extent. This jailbreak really helped and now that Google Now is on iOS and I can use Activator to access it I'm good. I love Android for Google Now and customization. I have that now on my iPhone along with all the services I love to use from Google and from Apple. It really is the perfect mix for me. I always say this though and then two days later have a Galaxy S or Note or the latest from HTC lol I'll let you guys know how that goes haha

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I will never forget when a friend of mine at work had a Motorola Q - he was surfing the net on it - I went to the VZW store the next day and got a BB 8330.

Since then I have had many BBs and Android and Palm devices. But my favorite is the iPhone 4. Still have it.

Welcome back - I too long for a bigger screen - but it really does just work. Why can't we have the notification profiles of BB (old OS), the customization of Android, and the app quality and OS quality of iOS all in one bigger screen smartphone?

I have flirted with a Lumia 822 recently - cool OS and decent screen size, but screen quality and goofy browser stuff chased me away.

The quality of the hardware, and the OS, is unmatched on the iPhone. Nothing else compares, IMO.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Gee, let's see. In just last 12 months I have had, iPhone 4S, HP Veer, HP Pre3, Nokia Lumia 900, BB Bold 9900, HTC One X, Samsumg Galaxy S3 Mini, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 820, BB Z10, and getting Galaxy S4 soon. And I kept them all except Lumia 900. Talking about being addicted. And don't let me start about tablets and laptops.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had every iteration of the iPhone but every year around this time (after MWC and big smartphone announcements) I get the itch to ditch iOS for something new. I can safely say I'm an addict of setting up new devices. It's fun for me. Here is my smartphone history just from the last two years or so:
iPhone 4>HTC EVO>HTC Thunderbolt>HTC EVO 3D>Samsung Droid Charge>Blackberry Torch 2>iPhone 4S>Samsung Galaxy Note>HTC One X>Samsung Galaxy S3>iPhone 5>Samsung Galaxy Note 2> finally back at an iPhone 5.

I love Android and iOS and so I wish I had the funds available to carry each in smartphone form but I don't. My question to everyone is do you have this problem (maybe not to this extent but...) or do you typically stick to 2 years or so per phone. Currently I can get a Galaxy S4 or HTC One for a good price and make money by selling my 32gb iPhone but I'm not sure. Anyone think I just need to stop? Lol opinions are appreciated!

Don't stop. Keep going. You were going to ANYWAY...

XsabaX

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm..
LG Dare
HTC Droid Eris
Samsung Fascinate
Motorola Droid 2
Motorola Droid X2
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Samasung Galaxy S3
iPhone 5

I love smartphones!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I need AA for my addiction. I've gone nuts the last few years. So here goes:

BB 8830
BB Storm (1 and 2)
BB 9650
Droid X
Droid 3
Droid Incredible 2
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
Droid Razr
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 4S
Galaxy S3
iPhone 5
Droid DNA

And now I'm going back to an iPhone 5. And you bet your **** I'll be looking at the S4 once Verizon releases it and if they get some variant of the One I'll probably look at that too.

Hi. My name is Andrew. And I have a problem.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Palm Treo>BB 8330>BB Tour 9630 (Sprint)>BB Tour 9630 (VZW)>BB Bold 9930>iPhone 4s>iPhone 5
Yeah, I kind of like smartphones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jonsigler

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Jump around a lot. Common comment from my wife is "is that a new phone or just a new cover". More often than not it is both!

Glad to see that plenty of others are just the same!

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Jump around a lot. Common comment from my wife is "is that a new phone or just a new cover". More often than not it is both!

Glad to see that plenty of others are just the same!

My wife can't stand it when I get a new phone. She doesn't see it as a hobby. She sees it as a sickness.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Since 2006:

Palm Treo
Samsung BlackJack
Palm Treo
Blackberry 8830
Samsung Blackjack II
Blackberry 8830
Blackberry Storm
Motorola Driod
Blackberry bold
iPhone 4
iPhone 5

Some of these changes were due to job switches. Since I got the iPhone 4 in 2011 I have just kept it until I was eligible for an upgrade to the 5, seems to have cured my addiction.

phoneguru9

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Motorolla C117
Samsung chat 222
Some chineese Generic phone
Huawei Ideos
Oldskul sony erricson

Not exactly a phone addict but id say am oldkul when it comes to owning phones......unless any of you is kind enough to give a broke ****** your used smart phones...lol.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry Pearl 8130
Blackberry Curve 8330
Blackberry Tour 9630
Blackberry Bold 9650
Blackberry Bold 9930
iPhone 4S

I like smartphones. My wife thinks I'm addicted. But I look pretty normal compared to most! Haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB