I started using Apple News and I'll never go back to Twitter

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
News+ isn’t bad IME for what little I used it though I don’t use it now. But it did have a negative side.
But TgeekB makes a true point that Twitter is a almost a negative marathon. But unfortunately negative news gets the big clicks. It seems to be a part of the human condition. Someone went out of their way to help someone across a busy street doesn’t sell; someone going out of their way to push someone into a busy street is a cash cow click generator. It just is what it is and why I avoid news. I realize it isn’t every story but too much of who died in a crash, whose house burned down, who was just toppled from grace and the ensuing public celebration as they fall into the gutter. It’s just too negative for me (and IME Twitter is likely #1 for pulling it that way even further).

TheChiefJaguar

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
Agree on the twitter doomsday device, but can’t agree on the Apple News. No matter how many topics/keywords/sources I block or want to see less, they find their way in. Plus, instead of simply not showing me anything exists from a blocked source, it shows me a tile to tell me that I’ve hidden it, wasting that screen space?!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying Reddit. I haven't decided if it's as bad as Twitter yet. I like the SubReddits you can join based on your preferences but you still have to see other crap.

Why can't we just see what we want to see and are interested in?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple News is Kind of like Twitter, but you follow topics instead of people.

Once you set it up with the topics you want, its a pretty great app and service.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying Reddit. I haven't decided if it's as bad as Twitter yet. I like the SubReddits you can join based on your preferences but you still have to see other crap.

Try an app called Apollo.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I like Reddit too, but it's just... so much!!! I like the Apollo App that @FFR suggested.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m trying to integrate Apple News in my daily information pipeline. It would go side-by-side with my curated NetNewsWire and Twitter feeds.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

I'm a huge fan of Reddit, highly recommend. And then get the Apollo app. I didn't have as much problem with the stock Reddit app as some others, but Apollo is just much better. Apple News is pretty decent from what I've used it, but to date it hasn't been enough to drag me away from Reddit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like Reddit too, but it's just... so much!!! I like the Apollo App that @FFR suggested.

Same here Annie and your description of it is spot-on. That’s probably why I never stay with it. I mean, I’ll login via the Reddit app or Apollo and then peruse and participate for about a week or two and then I stop for months at a time before Patti again.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I will not get Apple News again. It proved to be uncontrollable last time round so I deleted it . The ability to set my sources was constantly interfered with, it was hideously Americo-centric, and what UK sources there were,seemed to be heavily biased toward the penny press. I set preferences three times the iron ***** ignored them. No way, never again.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I see the news app from time to time. But for some reason I don’t use it on a regular and feel like it can be something that I use all the time

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77