I do not receive the request from Family Share ask to buy for my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

My son wants to buy and app. It says request sent to parents to purchase but I don't get the request. What is wrong? I have all notifications set to on. What else can I do?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I discovered today that I now have this problem with not getting my son's request to buy app notifications on my phone. I'm on the latest official iOS 10.3.3 and the only thing that's changed is I connected my Apple Watch Series 2 to my iPhone back on June 14th otherwise everything is the same. Prior to that all notifications worked fine. He hasn't requested to buy anything from the app store for some time until now which is when I discovered the problem. Any ideas??

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Confirmed all settings and account details are correct on both phones as nothing has changed. Weird that I went from getting ask to buy notifications to now nothing. Will contact Apple to hopefully resolve the issue. Thanks!!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Well I solved my own problem with a little Google research as this seems to be common. I logged out of the App Store on my child's phone and logged out of the App Store on my own phone too. Then I logged back into the App Store on his phone with his Apple ID and logged back into the App Store on my phone with my Apple ID then viola notifications are magically working again. I'm not sure what glitch happened since everything was the same working fine prior (ie he was logged in with his Apple ID and I was logged in with my Apple ID) and nothing had changed then suddenly notifications stopped working. So logging in/logging out of the App Store fixed the problem. Just wanted to pass this along for anyone else whose notifications suddenly stop working.

DeanoV6

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Change the name of your device and it will magically start receiving the Ask to Buy requests again. Stupid but it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll