I cannot seem to make the 3D Touch work on my iPhone 6s for other quick shortcuts

I

iMore Question

Peek and Pop barely works and the other shortcut options don't seem to be working? Is there some option I need to enable?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Try fiddling with the sensitivity in settings. Do you have a thick screen protector on there, by chance?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
In addition to the help above, also make sure that the app you're pressing on actually has shortcuts available. It will give a short vibration if you press on an app that doesn't have any shortcuts.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
My wife cant seem to get here touch 3D to work. She has checked all settings, etc. Any thoughts? I am out of the country and not there to help her.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife cant seem to get here touch 3D to work. She has checked all settings, etc. Any thoughts? I am out of the country and not there to help her.

Tell her to press on the native apps to see if it'll work. If it does then great. Just let her know that all apps are not 3D Touch compatible.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Tell her to press on the native apps to see if it'll work. If it does then great. Just let her know that all apps are not 3D Touch compatible.

I had her press on the ones that I know to work on my phone. She is getting nothing. I think she should just go to the Apple store. Maybe the capacitive layer of the screen is defective. Unfortunate with me deployed and her at home with the kids, driving an hour and a half away is difficult.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had her press on the ones that I know to work on my phone. She is getting nothing. I think she should just go to the Apple store. Maybe the capacitive layer of the screen is defective. Unfortunate with me deployed and her at home with the kids, driving an hour and a half away is difficult.

I understand and was deployed quite often during my Marine Corps days. I agree that she may need to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to get it checked out. She could also try calling them and explaining her situation. They may just send her a replacement as well as a mailing box to mail in her current device. Know what I mean? Anyway, be safe and stay well, my friend...:)

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I understand and was deployed quite often during my Marine Corps days. I agree that she may need to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to get it checked out. She could also try calling them and explaining her situation. They may just send her a replacement as well as a mailing box to mail in her current device. Know what I mean? Anyway, be safe and stay well, my friend...:)

Thank you, highly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD