How to turn down volume when playing videos on iphone 7 Plus?

Panzac

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
I recently purchased an iphone 7 plus, which I'm loving. When I go through videos on the phone though, I can't find anywhere that enables me to turn down the volume, or mute it altogether. This is infuriating as I don't want full volume when in a public place for example.

I've tried going into music, sound, video, as well as trying to simply turn the volume down, but none of the settings I've found seem to affect the volume.

Any ideas?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, welcome to iMore!
The iPhone has a volume up/down button on the left hand side of the device. Or you can control the volume by accessing the control center, simply swipe up.

Panzac

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Hey TripleOne,

Thanks heaps. I tried to reply earlier but my Mac was having convulsions and the post reply didn't show up for some reason. All good now though.

Your suggestion worked. I had tried the volume control at the side of the phone but it didn't change the volume for playing back videos. The control centre worked beautifully though, so thanks again.

Great site by the way, very helpful.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey TripleOne,

Thanks heaps. I tried to reply earlier but my Mac was having convulsions and the post reply didn't show up for some reason. All good now though.

Your suggestion worked. I had tried the volume control at the side of the phone but it didn't change the volume for playing back videos. The control centre worked beautifully though, so thanks again.

Great site by the way, very helpful.

You’re very welcome!
Feel free to post around the forum if you ever need help or if you simply want to hang around

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4