How to stop apps from downloading to other devices with iCloud?

kailashseo

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I download an app, because of iCloud it will download on my sisters iPhone too because we have the same iTunes and phone network. How do I stop this option because my sister doesn't like getting the games I download.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings > iTunes and App Store > in automatic downloads turn off apps to be automatically downloaded on other devices. Hope this helps.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I definitely get the reasoning behind sharing an ID--I've done it myself before--but in the long run I feel like it's always more of a pain than it's worth, especially with iCloud syncing and managing who is syncing what where. (Think of all you can sync using iCloud: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Photos, Documents, etc; the more you get into the Apple ecosystem, the better it is to have your own Apple ID). Other than that, it's a great way to share apps, I agree!

I know you can use one ID for the App Store and another for other things, but to me (and of course it's just a personal opinion) I'd rather have a more unified account so I don't have to deal with multiple passwords, people forgetting passwords, the number of device authorizations, payment details, etc among different family members.

Partho Chatterjee

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Just go in setting option, and select the iCloud tab, and then slide it to off. I don't thing there is an individual option for just apps, but turning the cloud off on her phone or yours will keep this from happening

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang