how to group contacts and conversations

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you then use these new groups to send group emails? I coach 2 different soccer teams, if I could use a group to send an email to my entire team, it would be worthwhile setting up. I did a test run using your walkthrough above (thanks BTW) and it just looks like a more "restricted" contact list...

You can via the iCloud website. When you initiate an email to compose, simply type in the name of the Group in the "To" field. The names in the group will appear after you hit the enter / return key. I don't know how to do it from the iPhone, if there is a way to do it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I actually just did group chat today with couple of my friends cause I was sick and tired being the middle man sending msg to one person to another just add 2 name when u start a new message and I think both have to have iMessage and all of us can chat in one box it's pretty cool

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I actually just did group chat today with couple of my friends cause I was sick and tired being the middle man sending msg to one person to another just add 2 name when u start a new message and I think both have to have iMessage and all of us can chat in one box it's pretty cool

Thank you for responding and your feedback is indeed appreciated...;)... The group comments in this thread, however, were in regard to email.

mikedk64

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I will try that thanks :)

But for the future, when i create a new contact, can i so do it so the new contact is in iCloud or do i have to do all that everytime?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
You can via the iCloud website. When you initiate an email to compose, simply type in the name of the Group in the "To" field. The names in the group will appear after you hit the enter / return key. I don't know how to do it from the iPhone, if there is a way to do it.

Funny, you would think that Apple would have provided for this already b/c if I'm on a computer, I would just send a team email from yahoo, where I already have all the contact info organized into team lists (but which is not accesible either from the mobile site or their iPhone apps (same with gmail it seems))...I bought an app for just this purposes years ago, but it was a pain to deal with, so I will just keep replying to all on other team emails until somebody at Apple figures out that this is a meaningful feature to us...

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
For the group part you can use apps like Contacts Tap and ContactsXL they will let you make groups on the phone. I don't now about the other part.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll