How many apps on your iPhone?

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Currently, 191 on phone. 232 in iTunes.

Currently, I have 191 on the phone. I have 232 in iTunes, so I've deleted at least 40 that are not of much use anymore. I probably have quite a few games I haven't gotten around to playing, and lots of apps that I don't use very often but are nonetheless great to have when I need them (like Genius Scan, Speed Test, iHandy Level, or any of the various reference apps I've downloaded on all sorts of subjects).

And all this since iPhone 4 was released. I'm on a mission for sure to get my money's worth out of this incredible little gadget.

About 15 apps were Purchased (or are at least apps you now need to Purchase) ...

Calcbot, Evernote, Time Flies, Foreflight, the Versus Tour de France app, iCollect's My Movies, and the following highly recommended games: Real Racing, Labyrinth, Words with Friends, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Flight Control, Let's Golf 2, Reckless Racing, Harbor Master

My most used apps include:

by Apple:

Phone, Safari, Mail, iPod, Notes, Camera, Photos, Clock, Calendar, iBooks, Remote, App Store, Weather, Stocks, iTunes

by Google:

Maps, Google Voice, YouTube, the Google Mobile App, Google Earth, Google Books

by Wikipedia:

Don't use the app (buggy! Frequent crashes! No multiple tabs!) but saved the Safari bookmark to one of my homepages.

by Everyone Else:

Dropbox, Firefox Home, Facebook, MapQuest (for FREE turn-by-turn voice guidance when I don't have my Garmin), the Dictionary.com App, The Weather Channel App, MyRadar, AeroWeather, the Nasa app, Planets, Pandora, iheartradio, iRadioNOW, iTorch4, Skype, Amazon.com & Amazon's PriceCheck, Key Ring, AroundMe, DirecTV, (All My Necessary Banking & Finance Apps), ZumoCast, HP iPrint, PS Express, NHL Gamecenter, the ESPN Sportscenter app, SPEED, Several great news apps, and lots of great free games I haven't needed to upgrade yet or got for free from the start ....

As for organization, I have 7 pages of home screens, which is a workable limit I'm trying to strictly enforce. The first couple include my most used social & productivity apps and a total of four folders of other logically grouped together much-used apps on page two. Page three is full of my frequently-used shopping and personal finance related apps. Four is more a movies and entertainment themed page; and page five is kinda a leftovers page (a row of sports apps, a row of photo editing & printing apps, a row of news and a row of "miscellaneous" items including the Apple apps I can't delete hidden in the final folder). Six and seven are all games (with more filling the three folders on page 7).

Can't imagine using an iPhone without folders (or a retina display!), so I'm awful glad they were both available when I picked my first one up this summer.

I suppose it all looks pretty random but it works for me.

darktanone

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have 121 on the iPad and 186 on the iPhone 4 and they're neatly organized in folders. Most are games, photography and interactive books for my year old daughter. I've used them all at one point or another and, while I don't need all of them everyday, it's nice to know they're there when needed. I've just added Infinity Blade.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Kale, I thought my 54 is like hoarding already. Surprised me that there are who have 100s. :)

Doesn't surprise me in the least. After hearing/reading about the bazillion (and counting) downloads from the App Store, you gotta figure some people have their fair share and then some... :D

BTW...I'm up one more since I posted....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77