How many apps can I put in a 16 gig 3GS?

MapleSyrup

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello! This is my first post here, my name is Hannah and the 3GS will be my second phone.
BB for work, Iphone for fun!

I have an Iphone on the way from my carrier and I don't plan on putting that much music or movies on it. Maybe 150 mp3s and 5 movies?

How much apps approximately will I be able to put on my Iphone?

Thank you!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It really depends on the size of the apps. Myst will run you a few hundred megs, while something small like Mark My Spot may take up 2 megs. It's hard to give an exact number.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a 16GB 3GS loaded with music and videos and I have never had trouble fitting any apps.
Don't worry about it, very few people need more than 16GB of storage.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Easiest answer: You will never have to worry about app memory on the iPhone.

This is a common question from BB users... haha. I still have my 9700, so I know the feeling.

MapleSyrup

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Easiest answer: You will never have to worry about app memory on the iPhone.

This is a common question from BB users... haha. I still have my 9700, so I know the feeling.

Haha I have 7 apps on my BB and I'm running low on memory, I guess I'll have to change my mind set to the Iphone and remember that I can get lots of apps without worrying about it :p

sivarter

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
i have over 30 apps + like 10 cydia apps + music and have like a gig to spare....and im on a 3g 8gig, so youll be fine.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I haven't counted lately but I have well over 100. :eek: I have issues. :p

I have 100+ Apps, about 2.5 gigs of music, a couple of hundred misc. pictures, a few short Youtube Videos, 1000+ Contacts, hundreds of Notes and Memos, and several Documents and stuff. I still have 6 gig of Memory left on my 16gig 3G. Unless you just "have to" carry a bunch of movies with you....you will be fine.

MapleSyrup

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Awesome answers everyone! Thank you so much :)

Can't wait to read more on these forums to get to know my Iphone more! I'm a complete noob and I want to use it to it's fullest!

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
as others have stated, it really just depends on the size. i will say however that depending on the app you are trying to install, you might have to play around with the space depending on how much music, movies etc. you have on the phone. when i installed the tomtom app on my phone, i had to get rid of all my music first, install the app, then reinstall the music. it was weird. like duvi said though, you wont have a problem with room at all.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I have 132 on mine, 1/2 gig of music, 1.5 gig of video 1/2 gig of photos and still have over 10 gig left. My video storage is music video's not movies. I have my Itouch for videos. I have only 5 gig left on that 16gig unit with 2 movies!!

KC

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53