how long till we see IPhone G4/HD in stores

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
So when does everyone think the Iphone HD will be in stores... last year they came out a month later but there were rumors they could see them as soon as the following week based on inventories.... what does everyone think the release date is going to be this year??? im hoping for June 8th... but i dont think that will happen. :rolleyes:

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, AT&T has confirmed to it's employees early June, so it may end up being around the 8th. WWDC starts the 7th, and if the rumours we are hearing about it being available the day of the WWDC announcement, then the 7th it is.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So when does everyone think the Iphone HD will be in stores... last year they came out a month later but there were rumors they could see them as soon as the following week based on inventories.... what does everyone think the release date is going to be this year??? im hoping for June 8th... but i dont think that will happen. :rolleyes:

A month later? The 3GS came out a week after WWDC. Not a month. You're thinking of the iPhone 3G in 2008.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If it was the 8th I'd crap myself. I hate feeling so under-prepared. I think as soon as they announced that it was coming on the 8th (on the 7th), I'd pack up some food and go straight down the Rogers plus and sit there all day and night. Haha

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
That'd be awesome if it came out the 8th, but I doubt it. And there's no way it's coming on the 7th... Apple wants the hype that comes with people camping out, so they need to give customers at least a day notice for that to happen. My guess is that it'll be at least a week after the announcement.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
after talking it over and thinking about it my guess is going to be the 11th earliest with the 8th being preorder day. I've decided that is the only way to get the iphone anymore around me. My sister pre-ordered hers and had it the first day. 2 years ago when I did it i waited in line 2 times at stores that only had black 8gig 3G , and i wanted a white... im not making that mistake again :D

camperdown9

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Much as I would love it to go on sale from the 8th, I think it will be a week or 10 days later.

Apple will have to give the networks some time to look at pricing and set tariffs. If the networks already have the pricing details, then I think we would of seen some leaked sales information.

Apple are not going to sell a few hundred iPhones in the first week then are going to sell hundreds of thousands. So they are going to need sometime to get the handsets from China or wherever they are made to the US, Canada, Australia, Europe etc.

Alex

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Much as I would love it to go on sale from the 8th, I think it will be a week or 10 days later.

Apple will have to give the networks some time to look at pricing and set tariffs. If the networks already have the pricing details, then I think we would of seen some leaked sales information.

Apple are not going to sell a few hundred iPhones in the first week then are going to sell hundreds of thousands. So they are going to need sometime to get the handsets from China or wherever they are made to the US, Canada, Australia, Europe etc.

Alex
We would probably already have AT&T stock photos/rumors if it were to be sold so early.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I won't be able to get the newest model until 6/21 anyways (first day I am eligible to update), so not a big deal for me when they release it. I would say they release it end of next week.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
after talking it over and thinking about it my guess is going to be the 11th earliest with the 8th being preorder day. I've decided that is the only way to get the iphone anymore around me. My sister pre-ordered hers and had it the first day. 2 years ago when I did it i waited in line 2 times at stores that only had black 8gig 3G , and i wanted a white... im not making that mistake again :D
Mistake? You mean going to the store as an alternative to pre-ordering?

I pre-ordered last year, was pleased with the results. Will probably do so again.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site

I plan on getting the new iphone as well. Do you suggest the best way to do it is to order it from at&t

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I plan on getting the new iphone as well. Do you suggest the best way to do it is to order it from at&t
I plan to order mine from Apple as soon as they will take orders. I cannot imagine doing business with AT&T when Apple is the alternative.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
My guess is the earliest would June 11. You would think they wouldn?t let it go on sale until after WWDC. I don?t know for sure but since this is a question based on Tipb fans opinions My guess is June 11, 14, 18, 21, or 25th.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo