How do I return to Yahoo inbox after deleting an email?

I

iMore Question

how to return to Yahoo inbox after deleting an email

I have an iPhone 5s and use Yahoo for email.

Is there a setting on the iPhone 5s that allows me to return to my Yahoo Inbox after deleting an e-mail, rather than going to the next message in my Inbox? Thanks for your help.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: how to return to Yahoo inbox after deleting an email

It you are using the Apple Mail, you just click on Mailboxes, scroll down to Yahoo, click and you will see all you folders. Click on Trash, find email that you trashed, click on message, then click on small file folder icon at bottom. Click on the inbox and it will move back. This may sound like a lot of steps, but once you've done it a few times, it's a fast switch.

rutica

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

thanks for writing.

however my question wasn't about how to move a deleted message back to the inbox.

my question is, after i delete an email, i want yahoo to take me to my inbox.

thanks

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I don't use the yahoo email I use the stock mail app and if I delete an email from the inbox I stay in the inbox

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

thanks for writing.

however my question wasn't about how to move a deleted message back to the inbox.

my question is, after i delete an email, i want yahoo to take me to my inbox.

thanks

If you're deleting a message from within the Inbox, and are taken to the next unread message in the Inbox, you are still in your Inbox and therefore, wanting Yahoo to take you to your inbox is like wanting to still be in the same office when you exit your cubicle and enter the one next to it. Having said that, I'm assuming you want to be taken to the section of the inbox that displays the awaiting email list. If so, the answer is still no.

rutica

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

thanks for writing.

I organize my inbox by keeping some things unread on purpose. I also don't read my emails in order. So if I read an email, delete it, and yahoo automatically opens up the next email in my inbox, it can mess things up for me because now my unread message gets changed to read.

So after deleting an email, i would like yahoo to take me back to my main inbox screen, instead of taking me to my next email.

That is the way I have it set up on my desktop computer using Firefox and it works great. Yahoo mail on my desktop computer has a setting called: "After moving a message". For that option I can choose either "Go back to the original folder" or "Show next email message". I chose "Go back to the original folder".

But the iPhone doesn't have that option. Or I haven't been able to find it. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

thanks for writing.

I organize my inbox by keeping some things unread on purpose. I also don't read my emails in order. So if I read an email, delete it, and yahoo automatically opens up the next email in my inbox, it can mess things up for me because now my unread message gets changed to read.

So after deleting an email, i would like yahoo to take me back to my main inbox screen, instead of taking me to my next email.

That is the way I have it set up on my desktop computer using Firefox and it works great. Yahoo mail on my desktop computer has a setting called: "After moving a message". For that option I can choose either "Go back to the original folder" or "Show next email message". I chose "Go back to the original folder".

But the iPhone doesn't have that option. Or I haven't been able to find it. :)

Thanks!

If I missed it, my apologies, but have you tried using the Yahoo Mail app?

rutica

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Hi Just Me'D:

i wasn't aware there was a Yahoo mail app. But I just downloaded and installed it and played with it. But it unfortunately still doesn't do what i want. After i delete a message, it opens the next email message instead of going back to the main inbox.

I clicked on 'settings' but there wasn't the setting "After moving a message" " Go back to the original folder".

Good thought though!

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi Just Me'D:

i wasn't aware there was a Yahoo mail app. But I just downloaded and installed it and played with it. But it unfortunately still doesn't do what i want. After i delete a message, it opens the next email message instead of going back to the main inbox.

I clicked on 'settings' but there wasn't the setting "After moving a message" " Go back to the original folder".

Good thought though!

Thanks

Oh okay. Well, what about the swiping feature within the inbox? It's been a while since I last used the Yahoo Mail app, but I recall being able to swipe left and right on each listing within the inbox to manage them to my liking. Could that help you out in this regard? I'm probably reaching for straws, but at least I'm trying....;)

rutica

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

hi,

i can always go to the main inbox and use the swiping feature to delete an email. but i was hoping to open the email, read it, delete it, and then be taken to the main inbox.

once i open an email, there is no swiping feature available. it only works at the main inbox.

oh well.

louiestavros

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with iPhone and Yahoo email as you describe. As the replies indicated, there is no setting to allow you to return to inbox after deletion of email. I agree that it really screws up your organization of emails. This is one of many similar issues with iPhone and other Apple products as Apple thinks they know the "right way" to do a task and is trying to create a world of drones that simply fall into the mold of an Apple addict. Sorry to bash "i" products, but I don't like to be forced to do something on my media devices that someone else thinks is right for me. I am only an Apple user because I am forced to carry per the terms of my employment. Having dealt with this particular issue now (yahoo email operation) for 3 years, I am still not used to it. Unfortunately this is not likely to change as Apple continues to enjoy great success pulling in (soon to be) devoted customers at a very young age, when they are impressionable and not yet set in there ways. Smart business strategy, but unfortunate for us vets that have developed habits and expectations of how things should work. Sorry for my diatribe against the "i" world, but just letting you know that you are not alone with your frustration on this issue.

rutica

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
louiestavros:

I agree with you. it's irritating!

what i do is: read my email, then go back to the Inbox, then search for that email, then use the swiping feature to delete it. It's very irritating not to have yahoo just take me back to my inbox after deleting.

maybe with a new iOS update we will get that feature added one day. although updates usually mean bad things....i hate the 'new and improved' google maps. it's soooo user unfriendly. classic maps were 100 times better. what do you think?

sigh.

:)

kadzie

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

I also HATE this. Forces me to keep marking emails as unread. It would be nice if there could be a setting around this. Really baffles me that this is not an option yet!

Wei Gao X

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
It seemed that Yahoo mail doesn't offer that option. That's why I switched my important ones to gmail. Can't get used to be forced to do something that I don't want to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjkradel