How can I fix an error 53 problem?

byrddman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have run into the ever-frustration Error 53. I worked very closely with a repair shop in the area to try to get this figured out. Basically, Apple has set it up for that if you do not have the original home button on your phone, as soon as the phone figures this out (normally during a restore), then you get the error. When you think about it, this really does make sense why they do this. It is not for the people that actually buy second hand phones or anything like that, it is to protect information from people who steal phones. If someone could steal a phone, change the home button, and log unlock the phone with no issues, then the fingerprint scan would essentially be useless.

That being said, when I ran into this error, I could not find a solution that would work for me. Every time, the restore would get almost to the end, and then it would malfunction and the phone would reboot, starting the process all over again. It would seem that the most reliable solution would be to send your phone to Apple, as they are the ones that truly know how to fix it. If you decide to try to fix it yourself, you are risking further damage, but if the phone is useless at the moment, that may be a risk you are willing to take.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyvu