Homekit Door Lock

Stelios_T

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Hey,

Which HomeKit Door Lock do you have any why?
Been looking into the Kwikset Premis and looks good.

Others seems to need additional extras to make them more wireless.

Stelios

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any HomeKit Door lock, but I have been reading very good reviews about the August door locks.

Maybe have a look at their site.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’m resurrecting this- what do people currently use? I have been waiting patiently for the Yale Linus Lock but they keep postponing it. Grrr. That one would be perfect

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the August. Since I already have an ATV4 I didn't need anything additional for remote lock/unlock. Works pretty well. I have the geotagging on so it automatically unlocks as I pull into my driveway. It doesn't always work but I think that's because there's poor cell service at my house and the phone hasn't quite picked up the wifi as I approach.

We also sometimes have issues between my wife using the app and me using it. Sometimes she can't "see" the lock in the app. I've had the issue before too but after attempting to "see" it in the app a couple times it works. Takes about 30 seconds to go through that process of waiting for it to figure out what it's doing.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use the August. Since I already have an ATV4 I didn't need anything additional for remote lock/unlock. Works pretty well. I have the geotagging on so it automatically unlocks as I pull into my driveway. It doesn't always work but I think that's because there's poor cell service at my house and the phone hasn't quite picked up the wifi as I approach.

We also sometimes have issues between my wife using the app and me using it. Sometimes she can't "see" the lock in the app. I've had the issue before too but after attempting to "see" it in the app a couple times it works. Takes about 30 seconds to go through that process of waiting for it to figure out what it's doing.

If possible, move your TV closer to the lock.
The further the distance, the harder it is for them to communicate.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
My concern with the august lock is that you need a separate device for remote access.

Only true if you want to use the August app. Once you add the lock to HomeKit, and you have an Apple TV 4 to act as your home gateway, you can access it from anywhere. The August Connect is only required to connect your August lock directly to your home WiFi and give you remote access using the August app. I always use Siri or the Apple Home app to control my locks from anywhere.

Darinl

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I have two of the first gen August, and one Schlage Sense. I like the Schlage a lot. It works every time, and I have confidence in it. I don’t like the August. The eat batteries, lack power, and are slow to respond. Consequently I don’t trust them.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB