Hit by AT&T iPhone SOS outage? You could be due compensation

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
And before all the “I use my device for work / I must be accessible” comments start, let me offer this:

If you’re THAT important to people and need to be accessible 24/7, then it’s YOUR responsibility to have a backup plan in place for such situations, and not the carrier’s responsibility.

What’s that? You don’t want to carry multiple devices or have rollover phone numbers? Then don’t blame the cellular company when it goes down and you have all your eggs in one basket.

Take your $5 and be happy.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
If you’re THAT important to people and need to be accessible 24/7, then it’s YOUR responsibility to have a backup plan in place for such situations, and not the carrier’s responsibility.
It's your employer's responsibility. They're the one that pay for the service if the device is to be used for work. If they don't, you shouldn't be available when you're not available.

Also, usually, companies do have backup systems for this: Microsoft Teams, Cisco Jabber, 3CX. All you need is an Internet service somewhere :)

iebock

Sep 27, 2021
Visit site
It's not that I am that important but for me I don't have a personal land line and my wife and I are both on my account as is my mother and 7 other people. The issue there is they are getting away with murder on this $5/account. If all 10 of us had individual accounts they would be getting the $5 each. Instead I have 10 lines on my account and only getting a measly $5 for all 10. That's $.50/per line. OOOOooo thank you so much.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was affected by the outage. However, I was able to text because I was connected to Wifi. I was also home because I was on vacation. Had I been at work, I would still have been connected to Wifi, so my husband, friends, and family could get ahold of me. I did go to the grocery store during the outage. The store has wifi, so I could text my husband about a couple of things he wanted.

While it's nice that AT&T is offering compensation, I didn't expect it and I'm not even sure the issue was AT&T's fault. There is an investigation taking place and unless I've missed something, the results of that haven't been released.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If I understand correctly, there was no "AT&T iPhone SOS outage", rather an AT&T outage which caused impacted iPhones to enter SOS mode. The outage was not also exclusive to iPhones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77