Hey friends!

Slash82

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Just wanted to introduce myself to the community here.

About me:
Where I come from (devices):
From late 2005 to late 2017 I was a "CrackBerry" - I was a BlackBerry fanboy as one could be.
All started with my beloved BlackBerry 8700 from then on I had lots of BlackBerry devices from every generation.
My last device was the BlackBerry Passport SE (2016 - Nov. 2017).

Why I switched:
As many of you might know, BlackBerry stopped (or is stopping) support for all BlackBerry OS devices. I was loyal until it came to a point where it couldn't serve my needs anymore (apps stopped working, lack of support for the OS itself etc.)
So I had to find an alternative route for myself.
And iOS comes closet to what I have loved about BlackBerry OS and Apple's hardware has always been outstanding including their device support over the years.

To "what" did I switch:
I bought the iPhone 8 (256 GB version) in black.
Now, after almost a half year of use I can report, that I'm still in love with that device! Powerful as it can be, all my beloved apps run better than ever (but I'm not that heavy app user), camera is outstanding.

Why I took the iPhone 8 over the iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus?
Why the 8 over the 8 Plus?
Actually it's the size, it fits comfortable in my pocket and in my hand.
The weight is just right - don't wanted a more heavy device anymore.

Why the 8 over the iPhoneX?
No doubt the iPhoneX is an awesome, awesome device.
But it still is a typical "Apple first generation device", which means it shows the future for Apple devices but still needs to get to it's full potential (software wise) - until it gets there, there will be at least one successor.
Also, the iPhone 8 seems to be the most perfect iPhone in the iPhone 6 "design", they had enough time to get it to perfection.
Another reason is, I got the same chipset and main camera as on the iPhone X.

Why i chosed iOS over Android?
I have no doubt that Android is a great OS, especially for developers and nerds (I mean nerds in a good way).
But the thing is, I was used to have I high standard of security and privacy with my former BlackBerry devices.
I was able to set my privacy settings as high as I wanted with apps.
And it seems iOS comes closest to that.
Android makes a living from "collection" all user habits and data - unstoppable when it comes to the OS itself.

So, that's my story.
Hello community! :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Happy to hear you’ve found a home with your iPhone 8 and that you’re still enjoying it six months later. We hope you’ll enjoy iMore. If you’ve been hanging out around CrackBerry for a while you’ll definitely see some familiar faces.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore as a former BlackBerry user myself my reasons for switching are pretty much identical to yours
as I was never an Android fanboy .
Hope you enjoy the forums and your iPhone 8 ,great device .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is an excellent introduction, sir. Thank you for introducing yourself to the iMore community. Like you, I was a die-hard BlackBerry “fanatic”! My first Blackberry device was the 7290 (my favorite) and my last was the original Blackberry Bold (9000) - my second favorite. From there I ventured to the iPhone 3G and to various Android devices before settling in on the iPhone 4S. I’ve been all iPhone ever since and I don’t see me switching from it any time soon.......Anyway, thanks again for the introduction and welcome!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! I never had a Blackberry. It's been iPhone all the way for me, starting with an 8 gb iPhone 4. I currently use the 6s Plus. I like the aspect ratio of the Plus size screen, and may upgrade to the 8 Plus, rather than one of the new X style iPhones. If rumors hold true about a 6.5" model, I might consider that if the price isn't too far out of my budget. We'd love for you to hang out here regularly. I've been a member for 5 years, and still learn things about Apple devices. I hope you continue to enjoy your iPhone 8.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I was also diehard to the end with webOS and picked the iPhone as well.

Enjoy and Post Often

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Slash82! I was a loyal BlackBerry user for a LONG time. I also moved on for the same reasons that you did. I actually still have a BlackBerry Classic that I put a sim in occasionally and relive the "OLD days".

Post often and once again...welcome!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Welcome to iMore!!! Blackberry OS is one of the only OSes I never used. I went back and forth from Symbian to WinMo, then to iOS and Android. Glad to have you around!

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Just wanted to introduce myself to the community here.

About me:
Where I come from (devices):
From late 2005 to late 2017 I was a "CrackBerry" - I was a BlackBerry fanboy as one could be.
All started with my beloved BlackBerry 8700 from then on I had lots of BlackBerry devices from every generation.
My last device was the BlackBerry Passport SE (2016 - Nov. 2017).

Why I switched:
As many of you might know, BlackBerry stopped (or is stopping) support for all BlackBerry OS devices. I was loyal until it came to a point where it couldn't serve my needs anymore (apps stopped working, lack of support for the OS itself etc.)
So I had to find an alternative route for myself.
And iOS comes closet to what I have loved about BlackBerry OS and Apple's hardware has always been outstanding including their device support over the years.

To "what" did I switch:
I bought the iPhone 8 (256 GB version) in black.
Now, after almost a half year of use I can report, that I'm still in love with that device! Powerful as it can be, all my beloved apps run better than ever (but I'm not that heavy app user), camera is outstanding.

Why I took the iPhone 8 over the iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus?
Why the 8 over the 8 Plus?
Actually it's the size, it fits comfortable in my pocket and in my hand.
The weight is just right - don't wanted a more heavy device anymore.

Why the 8 over the iPhoneX?
No doubt the iPhoneX is an awesome, awesome device.
But it still is a typical "Apple first generation device", which means it shows the future for Apple devices but still needs to get to it's full potential (software wise) - until it gets there, there will be at least one successor.
Also, the iPhone 8 seems to be the most perfect iPhone in the iPhone 6 "design", they had enough time to get it to perfection.
Another reason is, I got the same chipset and main camera as on the iPhone X.

Why i chosed iOS over Android?
I have no doubt that Android is a great OS, especially for developers and nerds (I mean nerds in a good way).
But the thing is, I was used to have I high standard of security and privacy with my former BlackBerry devices.
I was able to set my privacy settings as high as I wanted with apps.
And it seems iOS comes closest to that.
Android makes a living from "collection" all user habits and data - unstoppable when it comes to the OS itself.

So, that's my story.
Hello community! :)

How's it going Slash. I’m like you, from CrackBerry. I split time between Android/IOS devices and BBAndroid. Welcome to iMore...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4