Here are five features to protect your hearing with iPhone, iPad and more

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was just looking at my settings and my Noise Threshold is set to 90 decibels. I think that's the default, but it seems a bit high. This has made me curious, and I am wondering what others have their Noise Threshold set to?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking at my settings and my Noise Threshold is set to 90 decibels. I think that's the default, but it seems a bit high. This has made me curious, and I am wondering what others have their Noise Threshold set to?

It is the default. I have mine set to 90 dB as well, which is a good compromise between relevant or non-actionable notifications.

Since I take the métro regularly and that registers around 80-85 dB on the Apple Watch, with nothing really actionable (beyond taking my own car to get places, when I don't want to pollute the environment... sounds counterproductive).

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
As an audiophile, I’ve always taken my hearing bery very seriously. I love the Noise app on the Apple Watch in helping me monitor sound levels.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I wish I had had a decibel counter when I was a kid… no I don’t I’d have blown it out by the time I was 20 ! Seriously though it’s a bit late for most of us by the time we reach majority, we’re only protecting the ragged remains of our hearing by then.