Has anyone recently had an issue with Spotlight search not working?

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Spotlight search not working

Hi, has anyone recently had the problem of spotlight search not working for applications only? I have been noticing this over the last several weeks and have tried some troubleshooting but haven't been able to fix the problem. Any ideas?

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Spotlight search not working

Hi, has anyone recently had the problem of spotlight search not working for applications only? I have been noticing this over the last several weeks and have tried some troubleshooting but haven't been able to fix the problem. Any ideas?

It's a bug. How you fix it is to send an email from your phone's icloud account to your phone's icloud account. Only works if its to and from the same icloud account. I think sending and receiving on icloud restarts spotlight.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I have had that happen as well as when I pull down the home screen to show spotlight search the keyboard doesn't show.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yes...

I use it to locate apps that are all tucked away in folders, and now and then it won't return any results. I usually just disable app spotlight and then turn it back on to jump start it. I don't use iCloud email so not sure why @kurpaige fix would work.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Emailing to icloud restarts spotlight. Don't know why but it does. Works every time this happens. Hopefully Apple will fix it

kumar gaurav8

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I am seeing this issue with IOS10.0.2 Iphone6. Spotlight search for APPS has stopped working. Opening ICloud mail helps but after sometime it again stops working. IOS 10 is killing me.:concern:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for mentioning this, It prompted me to check, and yes,some clever update or other had turned everything back on again !!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmb87