[GUIDE] How To Use Do Not Disturb with iOS 7

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The Do Not DIsturb feature on my iPhone is one of my favorites that I use everyday. Here's a quick guide to show you how to use Do Not Disturb. When DND (Do Not Disturb) is enabled, calls and alerts will be silenced.

With the release of iOS 7, the easiest way to activate Do Not Disturb is from the control center on any screen. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382971892.875412.jpgJust swipe up from the bottom of the screen. You'll see five icons across the top. To quickly activate Do Not Disturb tap the "moon" icon. You'll see a "Do Not Disturb:On" message at the top of the screen. Tap the "moon" icon again to turn off DND.

Do Not DIsturb can also be enabled from settings. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382971936.906009.jpg Scroll down and tap Do Not DIsturb. Here you can manually turn on DND or schedule a time for DND to turn on and off daily. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382972080.685071.jpg
You can also set up DND to allow calls from everyone, no one, favorites and groups. Other DND options include how to handle repeated calls and whether you want to always silence calls and alerts or only silence them when the phone is locked. When Do Not DIsturb is enabled you'll notice a "moon" icon in the status bar. The Do Not Disturb feature is an easy way to silence your iPhone, during the middle of day at a meeting or before you go to bed at night. That's all there is to it. Let us know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have mine set up for 12AM - 730AM. I noted that I would lose sleep when I would hear my phone go off. Once I had DND on and didn't hear my phone, I would just go to sleep. It's a very useful feature!

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Other DND options include how to handle repeated calls
I ran into trouble with this the other day. I had it set to ring if someone called repeatedly. I couldn't imagine anyone calling repeatedly unless it was an emergency. However, I was in a meeting where I did NOT want it to ring, so I turned on Do Not Disturb. And the phone rang. Was it an emergency? No. Someone from my office called, got voicemail, hung up, then decided to leave a message, so they called again. Since it was a repeated call, it rang. 😝 After I figured it out, I set it to not ring on repeated calls.

For anyone new to iPhone, or coming back to it after several years like me, it takes some time to figure out all the features and options, and sometimes you can get some nasty surprises until you figure it all out. But it's worth going through the growing pains!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
one of my favorite features that came with iOS 6 and now since you can Silence: Always with iOS 7 it's even better!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
My alarm clock died 2 months ago, started using the built in Alarm feature as a temporary measure.
It works well enough that I'm probably not going to bother buying an alarm clock.

This was fine until BBM came out.
Due to groups and contacts, this brought notification sounds while I was trying to sleep.
Been using Do Not Disturb for a week, and now it's quiet again at night. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerekIversion