Got my iPhone 4 in only 2 days

trentsongs

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Called my local Apple Store (Orland Park, IL) on Wednesday afternoon to inquire about waiting time (the Apple online store says 3 weeks). The CSR took my name and email address and told me I'd be on a list with an ETA of 5 - 7 days. I had the same experience with the Old Orchard store, here in Chicagoland.

Considering all the stories I've heard, I was shocked to get an email this morning advising me my iPhone was in and I had 24hrs to pick it up. 4 hours later, it's in my hands - fully activated.

I encourage anyone who's waiting for AT&T or Apple Online to call your local Apple store. I like this company.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I got on the apple waiting list thursday evening, and they guessed 2 to 3 weeks.

On the way home from work the next day i got the "come get your phone" email. Was quite shocked, apple has invented time travel

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
reserved mine on the 6-15 and picked it up on launch day. The wife was holding out for white and gave up. Told me to get her a black one.

I called one apple store and they said they had stopped reservations. Called another and put a reservation in yesterday. Got an e-mail today to come pick it up. Went and picked it up...wife is happy. I even sold her BlackBerry 9700 on Craigslist only a few hours after picking up the iPhone.

I hoped something like this would happen after hearing Apple was going to be fulfilling a LOT of reservations this weekend. I didn't expect it to be next day.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
A friend of mine was able to walk in to the Apple on Michigan Ave in Chicago last week and bought one that was in stock. No ordering, no waiting. She probably hot the store at just the right time, but it's good to know the phones are coming in at a good clip. Unless you're waiting for the white one, lol.

chrismezz

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Damn this is bull****, I ordered mine the 15th, here it is the 25th still waiting. They did tell me 2-3 weeks as well but it sucks to see I'm the only one who didn't receive it within days.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Damn this is bull****, I ordered mine the 15th, here it is the 25th still waiting. They did tell me 2-3 weeks as well but it sucks to see I'm the only one who didn't receive it within days.

You should check around. I got mine from an AT&T store in 6 days.

ssampath

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a couple of iP4s today at the ATT store. Was really disappointed that they charged me for phones when they said it would take a week to 10 days to get them. They also said the new contract starts as of today! This seems mildly illegal to take my money and not give me the merchandise!!! Did other people who got their phones at the ATT store also pay for them before hand???
Thanks

Enders

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a couple of iP4s today at the ATT store. Was really disappointed that they charged me for phones when they said it would take a week to 10 days to get them. They also said the new contract starts as of today! This seems mildly illegal to take my money and not give me the merchandise!!! Did other people who got their phones at the ATT store also pay for them before hand???
Thanks

That is beyond awful. I would get a refund ASAP. And go see another ATT branch. Make sure it's an actual corporate store, not one of those flaky authorized dealers.

sirchip

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
reserved a 32 on a weds then a 16 on thurs with the apple store here in deer park il...32 only took a week so thats what i got but the 16 took 2 weeks which i cancelled :)

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Its an authorization. They dont actually charge you till it ships....

Go tell em you want your money back then, takes 3-7 days to un hold the funds depending on your bank policy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB