Google Maps Question

carim0903

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay, this may be a stupid question and Im sure its been asked before but I cant find it. Is there a way to use Google Maps on the iphone without using the navigation? Like if id just like to follow my car and see the traffic along the roads I know I will be taking?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I no longer have Google Maps on my phone, but I was under the impression that you could. I know you can with Apple Maps and I know you can do it, or at least you used to be able to do it via Google maps on Android devices. Just initiate the location feature. It *should* follow your route.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this may be a stupid question and Im sure its been asked before but I cant find it. Is there a way to use Google Maps on the iphone without using the navigation? Like if id just like to follow my car and see the traffic along the roads I know I will be taking?

Open Google Maps... tap the little arrow in the lower left of the app window... tap it again if you want it to be "track up"...

carim0903

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I did find the icon, thanks kch50428, but Im noticing that the maps dont show traffic any more. Is this correct or am I still doing it wrong? LOL.

socrmom11

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I've come to the right place. I have google maps on my iPhone 4S and I'd like to delete a few saved locations but can't figure out how. Any solutions?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I've come to the right place. I have google maps on my iPhone 4S and I'd like to delete a few saved locations but can't figure out how. Any solutions?
If there's a way to do it on an iPhone, I can't find it... But I know you can work with "My Places" via a web page... go to GoogleMaps on a web browser on a desktop computer and log-in to your google account... in the upper left corner of a map, you should see an arrow... click that - click 'my places'... you can delete from there - any saved places have a down arrow to the right of the place name -- click that, select delete... they should go away on your phone.

Revised: Found it on the phone... On the top of the Google Maps screen, click the 'person' icon on the right end of the search bar...then the gear on the right of top of the screen... then 'Maps History'... click the pencil to edit - deleting is possible from there...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta