Glass screen protector and Otterbox

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the glass screen protector offered at the Apple Store for my phone. However when I go to work I put my phone in an Otterbox Defender case. Will this case work with a glass screen protector on the phone?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It already has a screen protector.

You can try and take it out and use a glass one, But I think the bezel around the edges wont around proper closure.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I knew it had a screen protector in the Defender. Since I don't plan on using that case everyday I was trying to come up with a solution. I plan on using the Defender when I go to work or the hunting camp

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It should work. I cannot promise though. On my 6s plus I did the exact same. I took the plastic screen protector out of the case and used a glass screen protector. Worked without issue.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys find that dust and dirt get under the screen protector and inside the case of the Otterbox defender? I find it terrible on my Blackberry Z30 and I am trying to figure out what kind of case to buy for my phone which won't arrive for several weeks yet. The dust/dirt in the Otterbox has scratched my Z30 which has been in this case since day one.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It has in the past with otterbox defenders. However with this generation iPhone they redesigned their Defender cases. So I don't know for sure if dust would get in these new ones or not. And I took the screen protector off mine because of the glass one I put on my phone.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I sure hope Otterbox has resolved that problem. I also never liked the screen protector that came with the defender, you were smart to remove it.

anon(124566)

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the glass screen protector offered at the Apple Store for my phone. However when I go to work I put my phone in an Otterbox Defender case. Will this case work with a glass screen protector on the phone?

It does work. I popped the plastic screen protector out today. A zagg screen glass+ screen protector is now on my screen and inside the defender case. You will notice the increase responsiveness to the screen, immediately.