Giveaway: Apogee Jam for iPhone and iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My name is Jade Starr, I'm a regular listener of all the podcasts i play in a band DreadCircus. I guess I'm unique as I'm from Australia and one of the only transgender performers going around down under. I'm currently working on an E.P solely using my ipad 2 to record everything. Recently my girlfriends brother was killed in a motorcycle accident so to help her with the long recovery of such a huge loss I've written and recorded a song on my forthcoming EP called "Missing You" solely on my ipad 2. I play guitar, bass, piano and sing but dont have anything to connect my guitar to my ipad so I thought I'd enter this competition and include the song as an m4r. all the music and vocals were recorded using garage band, music studio and Vocal Live. Enjoy :)

Jade Starrs DreadCircus - Gender Optimized Rock!

Crodley

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
While I do know how to plink and plunk on the guitar my son teaches it for a living and I'd love to have him complete my songs I made with my Casio through the iPad by laying down a track of lead guitar using this Apogee Jam device...Fingers crossed...

GR33Synth

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This would be used with my JET Caldera #120 Guitar. To play for the US Military Audience here in Japan. Rock, Jazz & Country. Hooked up to my LINE 6 VETTA.
Thanks for the opportunity.
JTinJPN

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
As the vocalist for my band, I have next to no experience with guitar, drums, or keyboard. With Garage Band on my iPad 2, I have been able to more competently present my ideas to my band mates. This has been a huge help when writing new material. The interface is simple enough for me to be able to write a few guitar riffs for some of our projects. I know I am only scratching the surface here. With this addition, the biggest benefit is knowing that no matter where we are when inspiration strikes, we will be ready.

e_t

Last edited:

Xac-Wj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone and Music

Hey there I'm play synth/piano in the Colorado band Mister Mistress. I use my iPhone for as much as I can. One way we have created several YouTube videos of us playing covers and in every video we do I use my iPhone 4 mic to record the audio. Currently we are in the middle of recording a series of videos covering songs by the artist Childish Gambino, in honor of his debut album "Camp," all of the audio is recorded and put together on my iPhone 4. Not only are we going to release the videos but we're going to release the 5 cover songs (completely recorded on my iPhone 4) as a free downloadable set for people to enjoy. With the recent release of the new GarageBand for the iPhone we are currently working on releasing a song that is completely created using an iPhone 4 and it's GarageBand app. I've also used my iPhone 4 to film some of the parts in some of the cover videos we have done. On top of this I use my iPhone 4 to create samples of other songs for some of our own, to do this I use the DJay app, to cut up and remix songs to create samples. I also use the DJay app to get music going a parties. We recently threw a party at which I used my iPhone to get people dancing (we also created a video invite for this party in which we again used the iPhone to recored the audio). When I play live shows with my band I need to have access to my MacBook but not every stage setup allows me to be right next to it and thats where my iPhone comes in I use my iPhone to remotely control my Mac so that I can power through our sets without having to jump over people and cables to get what I need quickly.

We look forward to using iOS devices in the future as well. We plan on creating an original song and music video completely with the iPad 3 when it comes out. An Apogee Jam for the iPhone would be a great tool to help us do even more with our iOS devices. It would be a great way for us to record scratch tracks that we could use when we go into the studio to record finalized tracks. It would also be great to help us get our demo songs and teasers to our fans.

Information on our band can be found at mistermistress.com

a video cover we did of "Say Ahh" by Trey Songz can be found at youtu.be/v_wmEcWE5Uw 100 Likes Video Mister Mistress - YouTube we recorded this specific video with a Nikon but all of the audio is straight from my iPhone 4 the audio hasn't been edited what so ever. A video of the party invite can also be found on our youtube account youtube.com/mstrmistress

Last edited:

Sciencebase

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Movember Blues

Well, I've played around with GarageBand on my iPad2, but only this week created a full song I was happy to let the world hear. It's called Mo'vember Blues and tells the sorry tale of this guy who in the month of November can rustle up a great beard but sees his stiff upper lip remain almost hairless...

movember blues - YouTube

vzwdavid

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Jamming

I love using Garage Band for setting up loop rhythms with Keyboard, Drums, and Guitar so that I can practice my lead riffs for certain songs. Having this on the iPhone and iPad means I don't have to take my laptop with me if I want to go to the park or something to play.

lventuri

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I am a music teacher. Ive recently begun teaching a new guitar curriculum to my elementary school kids. We use acoustic guitars, and we even use a little bit of electric guitar in our class too. This would be perfect to let kids record their own licks on the school music iPad and then to email home so their parents can see/hear what they are doing in class, how they are progressing and what they are being graded on. Thanks TiPB

Vic_C

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I would love to have this device! I would use my 2 favorite items at the same time!! My Guitar and my iPad2!! How Cool would that be??!! Please pick me!!

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I make beautiful music. All that I have is a keyboard but I've been learning to play guitar and I would love to be able to add this to my iPad and iPhone to take it all to another level. I'm working on the score of a movie that some local guys are making and also working with a few rock bands and singers in my area. I would love to be able to get some of the sounds in my head out and into the world using this. I never miss a podcast from iPhone Live! to iPad Live! Georgia you're my only hope!!!!! (Star Wars) I'm a bit of a geek bit that's a lot cooler than it used to be! LOL!

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I mostly just goof around on my garage band app on my ipad2. However if my husband got his hands on this he would definitely hook up his ipad. On second thought maybe I don't want to win it, because then I will be competeing with jam for attention. ;) Just kidding, please enter me into the contest! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB