Future iPad updates could add powerful new Mac-like features 'over the next two years' — Apple's tablet again sets its sights on replacing your laptop

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Why would Apple want to do this? If you want a laptop then get MacBook Pro. If you want a tablet then get an iPad Pro.

I have both. The allure of an iPad is its ease of use and light weight. When I am traveling I am way more likely to take an iPad than my MacBook Pro. If you need to "get real work done", that is what a Mac (or even a WindowsPC ) is for. For personal use, nothing beats an iPad.

Making iPads more like Macs is going to lessen the demand for one or the other. Not a good strategy for Apple.

Why not make the Apple Watch more like an iPhone? Why not make an iPhone more like a Mac? Why not make iTunes more like Spotify? Why not make Macs more like Windows PCs?

The answers are obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Why would Apple want to do this? If you want a laptop then get MacBook Pro. If you want a tablet then get an iPad Pro.

I have both. The allure of an iPad is its ease of use and light weight. When I am traveling I am way more likely to take an iPad than my MacBook Pro. If you need to "get real work done", that is what a Mac (or even a WindowsPC ) is for. For personal use, nothing beats an iPad.

Making iPads more like Macs is going to lessen the demand for one or the other. Not a good strategy for Apple.

Why not make the Apple Watch more like an iPhone? Why not make an iPhone more like a Mac? Why not make iTunes more like Spotify? Why not make Macs more like Windows PCs?

The answers are obvious.
You make excellent points!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77