Fresh Jailbreak - Aptbackup problem

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
So I updated to 3.0.1 and rejailbroke, so far so good. Then I run aptbackup to restore my jailbroken apps, here is where we run into some problems. It brought back my cydia apps, but everything from the appstore is now gone. Anybody else seen this? Anybody have a fix besides reinstalling EVERYTHING? ARRGGHHHH

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
No, aptbackup only backs up your list of cydia apps, You can back up the app store (and stock) apps data with chronus, but your going to have to sync, you apps.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
No, aptbackup only backs up your list of cydia apps, You can back up the app store (and stock) apps data with chronus, but your going to have to sync, you apps.

I upgraded, so all my appstore apps were still there. They were uninstalled when I ran aptbackup.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
That's strange, cause aptbackup should have nothing to do with app store apps. It simply stores a small file in yout settings portion of your back up, that once you restore from back up....you can restore your cydia apps (although no settings for those apps).

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
That's strange, cause aptbackup should have nothing to do with app store apps. It simply stores a small file in yout settings portion of your back up, that once you restore from back up....you can restore your cydia apps (although no settings for those apps).

That was my understanding as well. Weirdest thing. All of the programs were still listed under boss prefs to hide icons, but they were uninstalled as they were all gone from basic setting options and nowhere to be found. Had to completely reinstall all of them and redo all my settings, annoying as hell.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When it happend did you try rebooting the phone or respring the springboard? Just curious if that may have helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludogg23