Finally ordered an iPhone 4!

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So I've been working with my iPhone 3g for quite some time now and it has just become slower and slower. I can't bear it anymore. Apps take forever with the new os, typing is slow, in fact everything slowed down. It has been a great phone and has lasted longer than any phone I've ever owned. I'm glad the iPhone 4 finally came out and with a new design as I was growing very tired looking at the same thing. Well I just ordered the phone off of Apple's website along with a black bumper thing. Says it ships in 3 weeks....we'll see how that goes lol. I can't stand not having it anymore its been driving me nuts! :eek: Now the wait....at least I don't have to go hunting it down anymore lol.

Update: I just checked my confirmation email and it says ships July 29th and delivers August 3rd. I guess that goes in line with the "3 weeks" posted on their website. Hopefully this shipment doesn't have any design flaws like the first batch seemed to have.

Last edited:

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Congrats!! And yeah, I went from a 3G and noticed EVERYTHING slowed WAY down after the update. You'll love the 4g!!

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Haha thanks drummer...it's ok I can be patient. Yea after os 4.0 hit it just got worse. I refused to buy the 3gs simply because I didn't think it was worth an upgrade, no ground breaking features to me other than recording video which would have been nice. Glad I waited!

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I think Im going to order mine tonight. Sucks that I will have to buy it outright though. No upgrade til December 2011. Im most likely going to sell my 3GS though after I get the iPhone 4.
3 weeks isnt too bad, it could be worse though.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered mine through premier. I've been calling apple, at&t, bestbuy for the past 2 weeks and no stock so I gave up and just ordered online.

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still counting down the days lol. 10 till it ships to be exact. Oh the agony! I did order the bumper as well from Apple and it came in a few days ago and I will be expecting a refund when they start the program up! I got the black bumper and at first i was hesitant of using cases as I have never been a fan of 3rd party garbage but the bumper is actually really nice. I checked it out and it seems pretty solid. Now I just have to wait for a phone to put it on haha.

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
I had been doing the same thing, calling all the AT&T Stores, Apple Stores & Best Buy trying to find one with no luck. On the 19th I decided to order online. I was a bit bummed when I saw that it was going to take 3 weeks but now I am counting down the days.

I just saw the post that the Bumper Giveaway is now over already! Damn, that was quick. Anyway, I am counting down the days for the new phone, can't wait!

AxeMan#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Picking my iPhone4 up at the ATT store today. I have to get a SIM swap to put the phone on my number and give my wife my 3GS. I ordered it over the phone from the store and it took 13 days to arrive.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I went from a 3G to a 4 and what a difference. When I was deciding I didn't think there would be that much that would be different (I didn't care about multitasking, facetime, etc) but what a difference. And I love it. And yes I've gotten so I can live without multitasking. But there are little thinks like Yelp's Monocle that I couldn't get on the 3G.

However, I went to the AT&T store ordered it and got it in 6 days. Not sure why the site takes so long. Also, there is a rumor that Apple is really pushing this weekend to clear the backlog so you might want to see if there is anything to that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz