Facebook integration not "verifying"

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've just updated to iOS 6 and I am trying to login with my facebook info in the settings and it is stuck on "verifying" not sure if it's supposed to take ten minutes or more to do this...I feel like it's supposed to happen pretty instantly, unless I didn't read something correct. I've already tried deleting the facebook app, restarting, and then trying to log in but to no avail. It is stuck on "verifying". Anyone else have this problem or a solution for me? thanks.

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah I've done that...no luck, and the the "Settings" application seems to be freezing in general and becomes unresponsive? am I the only one? working on an iphone 4 here...

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I just updated and my Facebook app just worked, did you have it loaded and working before the update? Did you reboot, not just shut off an on? And check Facebook on a computer to see if it is waiting your verification?

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
yes to all of the above. After I updated I just tried it and it keeps freezing on "verifying". I re-downloaded facebook again just now, and I don't see anything about verification on my computer for it. I feel like this should be really simple but it just keeps freezing (the spinng wheel of death) and then you can't slide the screen up or down, I have to force quit settings so I can go back in again. Not sure what the problem is.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Look in facebook on a computer, and see if your phone number is listed under Mobile. If is is try deleting it. try the phone again. Then try re-adding it if the phone doesn't re-add automatically. I don't know but that is what I would try.

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I did this, still nothing. I'm going to just do a sync and restart with my computer and see if that helps. Although other stuff is freezing when I go into settings, I've never had to force quit settings before like this. Odd...any other suggestions?

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue still?? Facebook just came out with a new update today too and it is still freezing on "verifying" the account when I try to login in settings. Am I the only one?

enham007

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
i got the exactly same problem

Anyone else having this issue still?? Facebook just came out with a new update today too and it is still freezing on "verifying" the account when I try to login in settings. Am I the only one?

I upgraded to ios6 yesterday and have installed latest versions of fb app, and i,ve all those steps mentioned in earlier post but sadly have to say my issue is still unresolved.

jetking

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem until just now. I did a hard restart (Home + Power held until reboot, no touchee the slider) after deleting my phone number from FB's mobile settings *and* deleting the FB app from my phone. I also connected to a wifi network rather than going OTA. Then I launched the iPhone's settings, went to the FB section, and reentered all my information. It took a couple of seconds, but the verification happened and then I was prompted to download & install the FB app anew.

I don't know what part of all of that did the trick, but it did. I hope that helps someone else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB