Facebook app notifications

soulfetcher13

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm clogging up the forums but still new to iPhone. Does the facebook app have "push notifications" as it were. This is what I saw. Some people posted commented etc on posts but the actual notification never really beeped on my phone till hours later. What am I doing wrong?

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That's actually normal. The push notifications for Facebook aren't immediate normally. Don't worry about clogging up the forums, that's why they are here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sometimes I get a notification within 5 minutes, other times, I don't get a notification until I go into the app. It's terrible, this is the only app I have push problems with.

Bottomdog

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes my FB notification makes a sound, most times it does'nt. I agree with the other post, I just think its the FB app having some bugs in it.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind paying $4.99 for an app, I found a solution that makes my FB notifications instant and reliable using PushMail. Just set up your FB notifications to go through email and send them to your pushmail address. From within the pushmail app, you can set what happens when you open the notification (it can take you straight to the FB app notifications screen using URL schemes when you open from the alert/notification).

I posted this a couple weeks ago, works like a charm. I never miss a FB notification.

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/209696-facebook-users-unreliable-push-notifications-solution.html

johntkong

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I think thats just the FB app sucking at life. Mine is the same way. Sometimes it works well but not often.

My gripe with the FB app is FB chat. I don't understand why and how the chat will sometimes group all my on-line friends together and other times separate them by last names. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, has anyone found a way to keep the on-line friends consistent?

Thanks.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That's based on how many friends you have online. For example if you only have 10 friends online they will group then together to save space, I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My gripe with the FB app is FB chat. I don't understand why and how the chat will sometimes group all my on-line friends together and other times separate them by last names. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, has anyone found a way to keep the on-line friends consistent?

Thanks.

I don't even use the FB chat on the app. It seems to log me out of chat whenever I leave the app.

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think they need to update the app and fix this bug. I have been noticing this. I have had my iphone for only a week, and came from Blackberry. Notifications were great with BB.

soulfetcher13

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I am using ebuddy chat for chatting. Still chapped about no notifications. Thinking about trying facely for Facebook. This may just be something I will do without but got spoiled on this feature from blackberry

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travishoang