Expecting to compose sms msg but get put on to all sms

dvtrv

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
When I used to miss a call I’d sometimes click on info, name then choose message to send an sms text msg.
Now instead it puts me on to the list of previously sent sms and I have to find the contact I’m after.

I’ve got iOS 11.1.2 using an iPhone se.

Any ideas why this appears to have changed and any ideas if a can change back to how it was?

Thank you in advance

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are these with non iPhone contacts? When you tap on "send message" in the contact card, does it not take you to the contacts message thread? Mine does. Do you have a thread open for the contact? Not sure I understand what you mean by previously sent SMS.

dvtrv

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Yes so did mine, regardless of type of contact, this is my issue.

Are these with non iPhone contacts? When you tap on "send message" in the contact card, does it not take you to the contacts message thread? Mine does. Do you have a thread open for the contact? Not sure I understand what you mean by previously sent SMS.

dvtrv

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
As I put at the start,
It takes me to the sms/text list, showing my last text message and previous ones below.

Apologies if I didn’t initially explain it properly.

I'm not sure I understand what your issue is. What do you see, exactly, when you tap "send message"? Where does it go?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As I put at the start,
It takes me to the sms/text list, showing my last text message and previous ones below.

Apologies if I didn’t initially explain it properly.

I see. Your contacts thread menu. That's what I call it. LOL Hmm. No clue why it does that. Does it do that with all calls and contacts?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77