Exchange Tasks and Notes in OS 3.0?

jglev

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't know about tasks, but I am sure it won't sync notes. Not even Windows Mobile Exchange Active Sync can do notes over the air. MS never built it into the Exchange server and no one that I know of knows why. EAS on Windows Mobile can do tasks, but I am not sure any other device that supports EAS other than Windows Mobile can sync tasks (but I could be wrong about that).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have given up on syncing notes as notes. Now I create an appointment for a note, and just add in the notes section. That works just fine.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
iMExchange will sync Notes and Tasks. It works great. I know it's not directly built into EAS, but it works great.

corb#IM

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
johnH59 (or anyone else who has experience with imexchange)

hi there, sorry to bother you, but i'm DESPERATELY trying to get some info on imexchange. i'm a decade-long, heavy outlook user, especially tasks and notes, and i'm trying to find a way to get good functionality on my ipad for those things. i've tried MANY third party apps and they're all kind of lacking. i'm considering going to a hosted exchange server and using IMexchange but i have a couple questions about how it performs and i cant get an answer from their support. i'd love to ask you a couple questions if you've been using it.

specifically:
-can you work offline with notes and tasks on the ipad/iphone using imexchange or do you have to have a connection?
-if you CAN, is it read-only or can you make changes in your notes/tasks offline and have them sync when you get connected to exchange again?
-if you CAN'T, how long does it take to load the data each time you open the app? i have 300 tasks and 1700 notes.. is this practical?
-is there a good view for ipad that uses it's potential real estate to see a good long list of your tasks/notes, or is it restricted to the iphone layout, where you can only see a few at a time?
-are you using exchange 2010? ive heard it doesnt work with 2010.

thanks a million for your time.
cheers
corb.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo