Excel on iPad: Docs2Go doesn't cut it

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a factory new iPad2 (my first tablet, but not my first iOS device, I have an iPod touch), and I want to use a spreadsheet for my RPG character sheet. I use Windows at home, so Excel compatible is much preferred. I found some Excel sheets online for the game system, but when I try to open them in Docs2Go, I get an error that it has functions not supported, and thus renders it useless.

Are there any Excel compatible spreadsheet apps (or Office compatible suites) that are more advanced than Docs2Go?

Similarly, I have some Word files that do not display properly in Docs2Go's Word2Go for the same reason, so a better suite would be ideal.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I keep hearing Microsoft is going to release an iPad version of Office, but so far no luck.

If they do I will be first in line.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Thanks anyway. I'm not looking to remote into my desktop, I'm looking to sync the file(s) to the iPad. The desktop will be off, and I may not have any network access from the iPad.

Then you're basically out of luck. None of the mobile stuff comes close to equaling excel on windows.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the full iWork suite on the iPad for college, try out numbers. It's phenomenal and integrates perfectly with excel documents.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Then you're basically out of luck. None of the mobile stuff comes close to equaling excel on windows.

This is a complete lie. There are some great apps that are MORE than capable. Personal best in my opinion is numbers by apple in being easy to use and lighting fast with all excel features. But if you hate that, cloudon is free and it literally IS excel the actual program.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

So it would seem. For what I need, I since found an editable pdf that works with Adobe Reader for iPad. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang