Endomondo manually entered data not sticking in Apple Health app

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Curious if anyone else is experiencing the problem below.

For at least a year or more I've had Endomondo setup to sync work out data to Apple Health. Works well when I initiate a workout from the Endomondo app, and the data written to the Health app "sticks".

When I log a manual workout in Endomondo using the History option, the workout data gets written to the Apple Health app, and then a few hours later the data disappears from the Health app.

Have reproduced this dozens of times now. Unfortunately I don't remember when the problem started, so can't trace the root cause(s) back to an Endomondo or Apple Health version.

With iOS 11 only a few days away, I'll see if that or an iOS 11 compatible Endomondo app resolves the problem.

Last edited:

eczemaliving

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Curious if anyone else is experiencing the problem below.

For at least a year or more I've had Endomondo setup to sync work out data to Apple Health. Works well when I initiate a workout from the Endomondo app, and the data written to the Health app "sticks".

When I log a manual workout in Endomondo using the History option, the workout data gets written to the Apple Health app, and then a few hours later the data disappears from the Health app.

Have reproduced this dozens of times now. Unfortunately I don't remember when the problem started, so can't trace the root cause(s) back to an Endomondo or Apple Health version.

With iOS 11 only a few days away, I'll see if that or an iOS 11 compatible Endomondo app resolves the problem.

i have solved this issue by backing up my phone to the computer (not iCloud ) and then restoring the phone. Apart from the data that I deleted from my haste to get the app working, all the data has been restored. The back took some time, over 30 minutes. However, the restore took two minutes. All my passwords have been retained, I did not check the box from encrypted data.

Thanks,
Nav

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
i have solved this issue by backing up my phone to the computer (not iCloud ) and then restoring the phone. Apart from the data that I deleted from my haste to get the app working, all the data has been restored. The back took some time, over 30 minutes. However, the restore took two minutes. All my passwords have been retained, I did not check the box from encrypted data.

Thanks,
Nav

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a support case open with Endomondo. The issue has been duplicated numerous times since the initial post here, and on iOS 11.0.x on an iPhone 6s+ and now an iPhone 8+. If Endomondo is unable to root cause or provide a workaround, I'll consider a backup/restore.

eczemaliving

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Apple’s new iOS 11.0.2 update comes with fixes for lingering issues, but it’s also brought some frustrating problems to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users.

Apple’s new version of iOS 11 brings fixes for iPhone 8 sound problems, but some iPhone and iPad users are reporting installation problems, odd battery drain, Wi-Fi problems, lag, and issues with Bluetooth.

If you start noticing abnormal battery drain immediately after installing iOS 11 there’s no need to panic. It might take the update a few hours, or even a couple of days, to settle in. If you continue to notice issues you’ll want to take action.

Battery drain is an extremely common problem for iPhone and iPad users and we typically see tons of complaints right after a big iOS release like iOS 11. How to Fix Bad iOS 11 Battery Life https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-fix-bad-ios-11-battery-life/

If none of those fixes work you might have a bad battery and you’ll need to get in contact with Apple about a replacement. If you live near an Apple Store, a Genius should be able to diagnose your problem in a matter of minutes.

Thanks,
Nav

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the manual workout method does not work. I did not hear back from Endomondo on the support case. Not clear why the manual entry mode does not work, or what the root cause(s) are.

I am working around it by starting a workout, and then when complete, edit and add the distance. This way the workout gets logged, and not dropped later in Apple Health.

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
eczemaliving said:
If none of those fixes work you might have a bad battery and you’ll need to get in contact with Apple about a replacement. If you live near an Apple Store, a Genius should be able to diagnose your problem in a matter of minutes.

As it turns out, iOS 11.1 fixed my 5s' horrific battery drain problem. It doesn't seem to have changed any behavior with my Watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1