Emoji icon app messing up keyboard?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the emoji icon app for the smiley faces ect...I had to go into the keyboard settings and add the "emoji" keyboard so I could get the app to work. Anyways... After using it for a couple hours I have noticed when I was trying to text some of my letters I hit they wouldnt work. For example I hit "H" and it wouldn't let me press it down and it was hitting different letters and it's like the keyboard froze. So I deleted the app. Any thoughts of happened

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an issue with iEmoji, and have used it for years...i have however had the issues with the keyboard you speak of, where the keys pressed won't be the keys that show up on the keyboard, and it will depress a letter that is a few letters away on the actual keyboard.

I found that simply leaving the messaging app and going back in actually solves this issue (and it doesn't happen often, maybe once every few months or so)...i also wouldn't attribute it to iEmoji because i remember happening before i ever used that app. What causes it...who knows, but if it becomes a problem for you, i would take your handset in and have them look at it at the genius bar.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well its funny because this has never ever happened to me before ever until the day i installed the emoji app. so it just seems a little fishy that the emoji app has nothing to do with it. also, when you add the emoji keyboard under settings and international keyboard ect is the keyboard any different than the original one besides the globe in the corner? if you delete the emoji keyboard does it go back to the original keyboard the phone comes with? a little confused thanks

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to believe him, that's your choice. But I absolutely guarantee that it is not the Emoji app causing the problem you describe. I had that same issue with my iPhone 3G and I never had Emoji installed on it. Adding one keyboard doesn't not change the others.

If that isn't enough for you, as he said take it in to the Genius Bar.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing "added" by that app is the international keyboard icon (which would be added for ANY international keyboard you added...and is an icon addition written IN apples own software for the messaging app)...the emoji app just adds another keyboard to the list, it doesn't change any dimensions in the default keyboard that you use, nor could it effect the keyboard inputs themselves (IE: causing false letter strikes, etc).

Should you be worried? I mean thats on you, i don't worry about it because its not that big of a deal to me, you might be one to blow your own head off over things like that, which would mean the "worry" level would be different between us, lol.

If you're still stressed out of your mind about it after reading this...go to the Apple store, where they'll tell you that iEmoji is a 3rd party app, and they don't recommend using them for this or that or whatever...and then you won't be able to replicate the issue for them, so there won't be an issue for them to fix, and they'll give you a big friendly thanks as you walk out feeling the exact same as you did when you walked in...

That or tie a model rocket to your iPhone and send it to the moon...that'll alleviate the issue.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So did u do anything about it? Should I be worried? Everythings fine now.

I mean, I wouldn't/didn't really get that worked up about it. As Sean said it can be fixed by exiting and re-entering the messages app, so it kind of just seemed like a non issue to me.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I had that issue before also. It was caused by the emoji app....well not the app specifically, but the swap between keyboards. It only happened if I was typing really fast and switching between text and emoji. If I swapped back to text too fast after putting in a smilie or whatever, typing would be screwed up (typing an a would get you a d, for example).

Killing the message app and reopening would fix it.

---
- Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so if i deleted the emoji app i downloaded and then removed the emoji keyboard from the list so the only remaining keyboard is the default one which is "english" is the emoji deleted off my phone so i wont have this problem anymore? I just want any emoji concerns off my phone. i want to make sure i have the default keyboard in my phone. how do i make sure of that?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
so if i deleted the emoji app i downloaded and then removed the emoji keyboard from the list so the only remaining keyboard is the default one which is "english" is the emoji deleted off my phone so i wont have this problem anymore? I just want any emoji concerns off my phone. i want to make sure i have the default keyboard in my phone. how do i make sure of that?

lmao...since you're still convinced that emoji is causing this issue, yes, when you delete emoji, it will also deactivate that keyboard off your keyboard list, you may want to go into your international keyboards list to make sure it updates properly to reflect the deleted application as well.

And then when it does it again after you delete it, you'll at least KNOW for yourself that it wasn't emoji, lol.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
so how do i get the default keyboard back to the originally settings like the phone came when i got it?

It will not solve your problems, just for the record. As I already said, I had the same issue on my 3G and never had Emoji installed.

But just remove the Emoji keyboard and you'll be back to the original keyboard.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
so how do i get the default keyboard back to the originally settings like the phone came when i got it?

Again...when you delete emoji, it deletes out of the international keyboard list, and your keyboard is back to default. You can also go into your settings, and delete emoji out of the international keyboard list manually, without even deleting the app itself, and again, your keyboard is back to default...

This is really a simple thing here bud...

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ok got ya. yes its deleted out of the international keyboard list so it only says there is "1" remaining which is the english keyboard but when i go to add keyboard there is still an option to click on the emoji keyboard. i want the whole thing gone so i cant even click on it if i wanted to

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost