Does anyone Wish the iPhone had a Back Button?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never had an Android or any phone with a back button, so I don't miss it. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, as long as it just works. And it just works fine without a back button.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I like the iPhone how it is. On my 2014 Moto X, the back button is just too inconsistent. Sometimes it'll exit completely out of the app, sometimes it'll go back inside the app. It's different all the time. If they could make it more consistent, I'd probably be more attached to it, but I don't miss it while I'm using my iPhone.

Regina5003

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but I only have iPhone for work. It drives me crazy and, whenever possible I just use the outlook web app on my Android. The good thing is that I now know that an iPhone will never be for me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but I only have iPhone for work. It drives me crazy and, whenever possible I just use the outlook web app on my Android. The good thing is that I now know that an iPhone will never be for me.

That's ok, it took a minute for me to get use to not having a back button coming from Android as well. There are certain things I miss from platform to platform, but MY best overall experience is with the Apple iPhone.
Good luck with your choice.

stayawayfromthey

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
At least I have an idea of where I'll go using the "back" function in iOS (with the back swipe gesture). On Android... unless it's improved in more recent versions, I was often confused as to where the Back button would lead me.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly the way the "back" functionality is built into the OS is good enough for me. I personally see no need for an actual back button.

thanvi

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes I get annoyed when I do not find back button on my iphone 5s- recently switched from samsung note 3. otherwise it 5s works amazingly smooth compared to note 3!:concern:

christianrapper5

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
yes, i miss it like crazy. i really don't see the upside of not having one.i just got this iphone 2 days ago, and I really miss my android. maybe it will get better when i get used to it and become a pro. I never reaalized how big a difference there was between platforms. i had an old iphone and switched to android. i didn't really see a difference. now the difference is glaring.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
This is my first smartphone without the back button, and I have adjusted just fine. Having the "back to ___" arrows work out just fine.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
This is my first smartphone without the back button, and I have adjusted just fine. Having the "back to ___" arrows work out just fine.
Once you get used to swiping from the left side to the right you won't even need the arrows. I'm currently using an Android phone and constantly swipe to go back.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
i guess so...ya

..The intermediary is "apple is still in control" Even with the "Back to <name of app> that u came from" to take u right back to where u were. You just get used to it.... Actually, i don't think you have much of a choice.

As long as i get back to "somewhere" as not jump through hoops, i don't really mind which way it works.

Put it this way, i'm not gonna loose sleep this one.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I laugh every time I see my android buddy tap his back button 30 times quickly to back out of whatever folder or app tree he was in just to get to the main screen. Screw that. I'm happy with what we got now. Swipe to go back works fine, no need for a physical button.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I just hope apple makes the home button just like how u can tap on the home button on Meizu phone to go back. That will be cool.

Sue Swishy

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Tell me about it.i just got the iPad Pro 9.7.im writing this on it now.its the 2nd iPad I've had.the first was the air 2.its annoying.i feel like you.how many presses can that home button take before it stops working? Why wouldn't Apple put a back button? It doesn't make sense.i have plenty of android devices and let me tell you,they all have a back button.hello Apple,are you listening?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB