Do You Think Threads Will Supplant Twitter as the De Factoacto Microblogging Service?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This question is not about how you feel about Elon Musk or Mark Zuckerberg. With that being said, Threads has been labeled a Twitter killer and we’ve all heard or read about the alleged mass exodus from Twitter.

Do you believe that Threads will supplant Twitter as the top microblogging service? My answer is no. Like in politics, it’s difficult to unseat the incumbent.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It would seem as though thread is pretty much dead, not Twitter, contrary to most of the reporting.

It would seem as though twitters revenue sharing with creators was the final nail.

e4e5b865318fb5d4883b4d04184606d3.png

f2b1f9dc502855ccd20e89f0d38ca5dd.png

adc1bd136b9784e08bb1d6a6d315fdd7.png

Reactions: Just_Me_D

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Quick update: zuck hasn’t been on threads for over 6 days, DAU is down around 40%, time spent per user down 75% to 5 min.

6b9cb70eb00fab3db4a3324befbd3f53.jpg

Source:

da123e13cae1b69b960517dccc24ba4d.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In this day and age, vitriol is through the roof. If a section of the populace dislikes you, they want you and everything associated with you destroyed. BUT, those same people are very selective in regard to who they target. If a person they like does the exact same thing a person they dislike does, they will find a way to rationalize it. That is what amazes me the most.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
In this day and age, vitriol is through the roof. If a section of the populace dislikes you, they want you and everything associated with you destroyed. BUT, those same people are very selective in regard to who they target. If a person they like does the exact same thing a person they dislike does, they will find a way to rationalize it. That is what amazes me the most.

The good news is that those types of people are known to be highly hypocritical and self destructive, just give it time.

I have also noticed the “Twitter is dead” posters to be very silent on the matter.

They must be having a great day.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think the “newness” of Threads has worn off yet. I think after that happens the “regular” Twitter users will return to Twitter.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
call it as you wish. I consider it as its death.

Even Twitter embeds are already broken.
View attachment 132766

I’m not the one conflating a rebrand of Twitter with the death of Twitter , different words mean different things.

Blackberry mobile died, you know because no more blackberry phones. Twitter not so much…or is it X now.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m not the one conflating a rebrand of Twitter with the death of Twitter , different words mean different things.

Blackberry mobile died, you know because no more blackberry phones. Twitter not so much…or is it X now.

Legally, they still seem to be called Twitter ULC in the business registry, so… 🤷‍♂️
I won't pay $100 to query details from the registry, whether they submitted their name change or even kept their details up-to-date as they are required. It's just not worth my energy, money or time.

Here's the key part to it being dead:
Wes David at The Verge said:
Finally rebranding the site will be the clearest declaration yet that this is no longer the same social network that it was before Musk purchased it last year.
Basically, it's not Twitter… it's just something else.

For the challenge of it, I tried logging in to Twitter two weeks ago, and it still said that I am "401 Unauthorized"; it has been doing so since January 2023. So, meh; I'll just do my social networking on a different platform.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien