Do the internal magnets in the iPhone 12 have a negative effect on the compass accuracy or calibration?

sandycrane

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Do the internal magnets in the iPhone 12 have a negative effect on the compass accuracy or calibration?

Hi. Can someone check if the built in magnets in the iPhone 12 have a negative effect on the internal compass accuracy or calibration. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Compass accuracy Iphone 12?

Hopefully those who have the iphone 12 will respond soon.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

My compass app seems to be working fine on my 12 pro. No calibration required when I first opened the app just opened straight into the compass.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

My compass appears to be fine on a 12 Pro, started right up, turned smoothly -- no issues at all.

sandycrane

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site

Are you having issues?

No, I am in the midst of deciding whether to upgrade my old SE (who's idea was that to give two entirely different phones the same name?) to a Mini. I rely on my iPhone's compass a lot and am wondering how good the 12"s sensor is in adjusting to a strong internal magnetic field. There are things I like about the Mini and things I don't and things that are not yet clear so I'm trying to nail things down. My two biggest concerns right now are about pissing away so much valuable screen space on the notch and the itsy-bitsy battery.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No, I am in the midst of deciding whether to upgrade my old SE (who's idea was that to give two entirely different phones the same name?) to a Mini. I rely on my iPhone's compass a lot and am wondering how good the 12"s sensor is in adjusting to a strong internal magnetic field. There are things I like about the Mini and things I don't and things that are not yet clear so I'm trying to nail things down. My two biggest concerns right now are about pissing away so much valuable screen space on the notch and the itsy-bitsy battery.

OK. No one seems to be having problems.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad someone asked this question. It's even better that those who have an iPhone 12 (PRO) have stated the compass is not affected by the MAGSAFE magnets.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanD