Do people think the rumors of apple ditching the standard headphone jack are true?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Do people think the rumors of apple ditching the standard headphone jack are ...

They already make those
THE #1 Rated Dust Plug Set for iPhone 6, 6s, 6s Plus - 5 Pairs of Low Profile Anti Dust Plugs - Protect Your Cell Phone From Dust, Lint & Splashes Without a Bulky Case (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UGO74O...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2689535

You're my new hero! Those other covers will fit in the headphone jack spot (the size is universal on most phones), but those lightening plugs... I'll have to figure out how to add a ring to it so crystals can be added to hang from them.

As far as iPhone charms go, my wife and mother-in-law would eat them up if they were made from Swarovski crystal.

I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the rumor has some validity. Whether the new iPhone includes a 3.5mm jack or not we always have the option to purchase; or not.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Same points I made about the floppy and optical media drives. I did get a headache from rolling my eyes at the "that's what Apple does" over and over but I do like his videos usually :) Kind of excited to see what goes on when this does happen. iMore is going to have to increase Ambassador pay ;)

Thing is floppy discs were fairly cheap. Headphones for portable use can go as high as around $500 usd. How are you going to replace the jack to allow us to listen to our expensive headphones? With an expensive over priced piece of plastic to allow us to use the lightning port to use our headphones? Sorry no way of earth will I fall into that trap. Bluetooth you say? You can't easily make wired headphones bluetooth. If they made it USB C? I'm for if but I doubt Apple will ever add USB C to thr iPhone. No way will I support Apple with a proprietary cable that I can only use with Apple products which even my Macbook Pro can't use

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
e755c4a4b3b512ccb059d18de46b2ad0.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member