Did Earpods outdo Apple Earphones?

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was curious when they first announced them. I waited until I got them with my i5 to try them. They definitely have better bass and more clarity. Also, much more comfortable and aren't as likely to fall out of your ears. I would compare the sound and newfound bass to a Bose Wave Radio, it's really crisp and clear with spectacular bass...but the bass isn't forced from an extra power source like an amp or extra battery (dre beats) but the air is circulated and creates a nice filling bass that isn't really overwhelming.

I would spend $29 to replace my current Earpods if they broke or I misplaced them.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I really like the new Earbuds that Apple has developed. They work pretty well, sound quality is pretty decent. I'm sure they don't beat any high end earbud's though.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually really like the new ear pods and can hear a difference in the sound quality from the old model. I will say that I am probably one of the few people that can't stand in in ear headphones that are popular now so I was very happy that they didn't change them to that style.

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I will say that I am probably one of the few people that can't stand in in ear headphones that are popular now so I was very happy that they didn't change them to that style.

Add me to that list, I don't like the feeling of isolation it gives me. But, each to his/her own. I got a pair of the new earbuds yesterday and have to admit, they are quite good compared to the old style.

-jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reactortrip

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Earpods would be great if I didn't have to constantly put them back in my ear every 2 seconds. They do not fit my ears or my wife's ears. Don't really want anyone else to wear them to find out. Didn't have this issue with the old school earphones, so I give the battle to the originals because I can actually listen to the device instead of trying to keep the damn things in my ears.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have never used stock earphones/earbuds/or (now)earpods... always bought a decent third party hardware - using the Klipsch right now for in-ear and Bose headphone... nothing beats a vendor specialized in the hardware...

fmiami

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the new ear pods are a huge improvement over the ear buds. They are more comfortable, they don't fall out of my ears and the sound is a little bit better than the buds.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The more form-fitting design filters out outside noise better as well. Of course, not as well as earbuds, but still, it's definitely an improvement.

jennaBaby

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
no because these damn earbuds dont fit in my damn ears! Good thing i kept my old earphones from apple. better yet, my earphones not made from apple.

coggster

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I think they fit in the ear great. My issue is that they only work well in quiet environments. I commute on the tube and only used them on the first day as I couldn't hear anything (I listen to audiobooks).
So back to my 3rd party earphones it is.

Beamed from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

lilmoney30#WN

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually love them. Sound quality is on par with my bose in ear headphones! Like others my problem is I work in a shop and would love a ear tip that could block noise. I think someone who could come up with a aftermarket solution could make some serious cash!

TeamCrews

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had the problem of the earpod falling out? I must have large ear canals or something because the earpods with my new iPhone 5 don't fit snug and are constantly falling out.
Any ideas or am I stuck to buying a new aftermarket set?

Rube8514

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I am an avid gym rat, so I need a good pair of earphones that I am not consistently having to place back in my ears. Currently, I have the Ironman Yurbuds. They are awesome. I never have to re insert them, even with running and lifiting weights. I have casually listened to the new earpods in my office, but haven't taken the jump into they gym. I just feel that they could fall out at any time and I really dont like that feeling.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4