Dictation w/ two (or more) languages

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I am working Brazil as a missionary, so I have both English and Português keyboards installed. Before I upgraded to iOS 11, the dictation feature worked as expected: when I have the English keyboard active, it created English text; and when I had the Portuguese keyboard active, it created português text.
Now, since upgrading to 11, regardless of which keyboard is active, it tries to create português text. Is there some setting I am missing?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In the dictation view of the keyboard there is a globe, tap that and select in which language you want to dictate.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
JMD-yes
Tartarus-as a user of multiple keyboards, I am fully aware of how to switch them. FTR-it has no effect

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JMD-yes
Tartarus-as a user of multiple keyboards, I am fully aware of how to switch them. FTR-it has no effect

My next recommendation is typically for you to select the “reset all settings” option in the Settings. If that doesn’t correct the problem, I don’t know what to tell you aside from a full restore.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Found the problem!! In settings -> general -> keyboard -> “dictation languages” it lists the languages available for dictation and somehow English had been toggled off. Once I turned it back on it works fine.
I hope this helps someone else. (By the way this entire post was dictated.)

Randall

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjkradel