Deal breakers - What would make you switch FROM iPhone this year?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey all...so with all the speculation of production issues, design changes, and features , is there anything Apple can do with the anniversary release that would make you leave Apple for greener pastures?

I think for me it's the fact that, Jet Black and new camera aside, I've been using the same phone design for several years now. They need to shake up the design - the bezels especially - and bring some excitement back to the table. Don't get me wrong, I adore my 7 Plus, but I'm not going to lie - the V20, HTC U and S8+ have induced some serious beauty envy in me. Meanwhile, I look at my 6 Plus, 6S Plus and 7 Plus and, colour aside, you'd think it was the same phone. Its stale. I went hands on yesterday with a S8+ and it darn near made me forget why I don't use Samsung anymore...

Is there something that you're ready to say "OK Apple, lets see Jony blow the roof off this time because otherwise, I may just give something else a shot"?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm giving them all a shot. Apples getting terrible behind the times. I appreciate iMessage, Apple stores, and that they "get it right" when they do something but they're too far behind for me. Have a 7+ and 8S+ on order. We will see what happens in regards to iPhone 8. I don't expect it to be impressive however it will be back ordered until next year, literally.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha I have fond memories of waking up at 230am to preorder, having my JB ordered by 306am, and not receiving it until darn near November.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I am actually thinking about switching to an iPhone. Smaller bezels will help make the decision.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually just switched to an iPhone from android. So far I'm very pleased with the battery and consistency in performance. I'd like to see better notifications and multitasking though. Overall I'm very pleased with my 7+. But I keep eyeing the new red one in the Apple Store.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I would change my iPhone for a Surface Phone with full Windows10 Pro.

Hoping for a design revamp on new iPhone, too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing that I can foresee at the moment would cause me to switch from using an iPhone. If the 10th anniversary iPhone turns out to be a dud then I'll keep on using my current iPhone 7 Plus. The iPhone is perfect for "me" and my usage so there's no reason to fix what's not broken...

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I had also the 6 plus, 6S plus, and now the 7 plus. I'm not really in the market for the iPhone 8. YET. "Talk" is that the Note 8 is or has to be better than the Note 7. We will have to wait and see.

It would also be hard for me to leave because of my 7 plus, both iPad pros, and a late 2013 15" rMBP. IT would be hard because everything syncs together so good. At least that's the way it seems to me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Being new on a personal level but have used iPad for 5 years in my job. I came from Samsung and Android. I am quite pleased and switched over completely. Not looking back. It was a good move. Been disappointed in Samsung for quite awhile. Love my 7Plus as well as the watch, the iPad Pro and Mac Pro.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I fly close to the sun every now and then. Just when I get close enough I realize that some of the nice features in Samsung don't work consistently or they plop them in as a beta so it makes me recall why I left Android to Apple to begin with.

Update to the post above since it won't let me post twice.

Went to Best Buy and decided to stop and look at the s8. Wish I didn't. Man that display is awesome and the edge to edge display is immersive when it comes to video. The only thing that stops me is wondering what the iPhone 8 will bring.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
If they decided to make an updated iPhone SE without a headphone jack, I'll think about it.

I'm a chronic switcher anyway so I would just use a nice Android.

Sent from mTalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If Apple went backwards, or slimmer, that would be the only thing that would make even second guess buying a new one. I also don't believe Apple is behind the times or not innovating. Apple's innovations have turned more inward than with features or hardware, like the W1 chip. I would like to see them add some sort of grip to the phone and just be a metal slab. That's the main reason I use a case anyway.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Another question i would like to ask all iPhone users is,
IF Apple keep the same screen resolution on their iPhone 7s or iPhone 8. Would that be a deal breaker for you? We see more and more Android devices these days with 1080p screens on the budget end and on the higher end QHD / QHD+ But Apple still pushing out 750p screens. :)

iPhone 6, 6s, 7 (750 x 1334)
iPhone 5, 5c, 5s (640 x 1136)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
IF Apple keep the same screen resolution on their iPhone 7s or iPhone 8. Would that be a deal breaker for you? We see more and more Android devices these days with 1080p screens on the budget end and on the higher end QHD / QHD+ But Apple still pushing out 750p screens. :)

Not at all.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Not a chance... and IMO the pastures are not greener by any stretch of the imagination. The only debate I'll have this fall is do I get the 7S+ or the "8"

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Nope...the screen is clear for my aging eyes, I find QHD on a phone to be a tad overkillish.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with my iPhone. I've had Android before and I've been back and forth between the two long enough to know what features and specs really matter to me, and what don't. The only thing Android handsets have that I would like is quick charging and a higher resolution display. But Android handsets have had those for a while now, and they're not enough for me to want to leave iOS again anytime soon.

The only thing that could come out that would actually make me seriously consider leaving iOS this year, would either be some new battery technology that charges crazy fast and lasts insanely long, or some new breakthrough innovation that I can't even imagine yet.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing out there today would tempt me away from the iPhone.
I don't see myself passing up the next iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notforhire