Couragegate

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I never had anything "brick" before. How does that happen?

Hell if I know, lol. Disclaimer: when it comes to tech toys, I generally have pretty bad luck.
Also I am a crosseyed techtard of Titanical proportions and I'm sure I probably make mistakes or forget to do things that help that bricking process along, haha. ;)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It took me longer than I care to admit to know what the heck the title of this thread actually was

Hmmm... possible titles that were submitted but ultimately rejected:

-where is the hole?
-Stringless Tampax
-Abandoned by its noodley appendage
-Indecent dongle exposure
-If you find a dongle in your apple...
-There's a Tampax in my ear... good god what have I done with my Airpods?!

Mods, forgive me: Waiting for my new phone seems to have turned my brains into a mixture of snark and sophomoric humor. We totally need to notify Apple of this side effect, I cannot possibly be the only one. :D

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
And.... what are the facts???? Nice try. Seems Apple stock knows the truth. It's suffering. Had small bump on release day, but right back on the downward slope. Check it....

Apple needs to STOP the "tower" mentality and realize it's in the same market as all other smartphone. Small changes, not drastic moves to bolster sales. Don't diss the users.

Your posts are nothing but fodder with no sources to back the claims up.

And Apple stock seems to be moving in the right direction ....
Capture.PNG

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Just bought a pair of Bose Qc35 Bluetooth headphones, mainly for my iPad use and my TV, but will be good with my 7 when it arrives, I use a pair of Bose oei2 when walking my dogs can't stand the apple ear plugs don't stay in my ears and the new btooth ones look the same, so will use the adapter, wish it was black though lol, guess I am covered.
I use Bluetooth in my car.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
For you? Sure, I don't argue with that. If you don't want the jack, Good. I have no beef with that. Wireless is cool, no doubt. But, if you have a problem with those that WANT the jack, yes, then I have a problem with that. From what I see, 50% of iPhone users WANT the jack. So, to me, take it from the 7, keep it on the 7 Plus. There is PLENTY of room for it on the Plus version. Apple made a bad move here. Alienating 50% of their fans. WTF? What company does that. OK, yeah, MS did it with the Start Menu, but they learned their lesson and brought it back. Hopefully Apple will do the same.

I posted a poll and over 50% either didn't care or they thought it was a good idea. I have no idea where you are getting the numbers. So far the general consensus is that the new iPhone 7 is a hit. I've had plenty of people ask me if they could try the home button or see the new camera. People have asked me if they could try my headphones with the dongle and said oh that's nowhere near as bad as I thought. I'm so far satisfied with my purchase. I'm happy to have an extra 120gb even with 93 movies and 4600 songs on my device.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I posted a poll and over 50% either didn't care or they thought it was a good idea. I have no idea where you are getting the numbers. So far the general consensus is that the new iPhone 7 is a hit. I've had plenty of people ask me if they could try the home button or see the new camera. People have asked me if they could try my headphones with the dongle and said oh that's nowhere near as bad as I thought. I'm so far satisfied with my purchase. I'm happy to have an extra 120gb even with 93 movies and 4600 songs on my device.

LIES ALL LIES EVERYONE HATES APPLES EVIL APPLES GRRRRRR ARGH

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
there was no need to remove the headphone jack. No matter what your view, there was no need. Plain and simple apple knows it has a following and can set trends that lead to more profit.

I do not see any other manufacturer going the same route. You cant compare this to floppy disks and cd's. Those had limitations that could not keep up with technology such as capacity and speed. There is no limitation to the audio jack.

And if the argument is about space saving... my Sony Xperia z ultra was only 6.4mm thick and still had a 3.m jack. The iPhone has always been bigger vs the competition due to its huge bezels and still not even the thinnest. No space saving or cost savings. It's purely for profit.

Im not an Apple fan boy. Just one of those that decided to try and go back to iOS just because I love tech. I have both wireless and wired headphone and I have wired audio accessories used to record video for my iPhone and android devices. A dongle is not a big deal but to force us to use one when there was absolutely no need to other than to make profit is a bunch of bull.

Was not in a hurry to upgrade but was planning on getting an i7 over another android just because ive been using android devices and just want something different. The removal of the 3.5 jack is just enough for somebody like me to avoid getting the i7. Like i said. Not a apple fanboy and just buy phones for the fun of it. Take something simple and useful away, its going to sway me.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Motorola already did it.

This is the Moto Z's USB-C headphone jack adapter | Android Central

Maybe Apple is behind the curve! ;)

Apple is always behind the curve.

By that I mean they let the other manufacturers sweat over how to do <the thing>. They let them spend the millions in R&D getting it right and wrong. Testing, testing and more testing...

Then Apple come along, with all of the data from the ones that have gone before, spend their own R&D money, and do it right.

Why be a trendsetter if you constantly have to backpedal or recall when you screw up? Apple's rep is built on the fact that barring the odd incident, their phones and software are largely bullet-proof. If that means they have to wait a year or two perfecting the technology, then so be it.

Now, I dislike the removal of the headphone jack as it will actually cause me some problems and make me spend more money to get back to where I was before, but I don't doubt for a second that Apple made the decision to remove the jack after a lot of careful consideration, consumer analysis, product analysis and so on. I think they are planning on doing something pretty special next year with the tenth anniversary iPhone and the jack removal is the first stage of something they consider necessary for next year's iteration.

TL;DR - I am slightly annoyed that they removed the jack but it honestly won't be enough to stop me buying the 7 Plus now I know there are after market adapters like the Belkin that will allow me to charge and plug my phone into my car at the same time. I don't listen to music on my phone through headphones so I don't give a tinker's cuss for bluetooth/wireless headphones at all.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
TL;DR - I am slightly annoyed that they removed the jack but it honestly won't be enough to stop me buying the 7 Plus now I know there are after market adapters like the Belkin that will allow me to charge and plug my phone into my car at the same time. I don't listen to music on my phone through headphones so I don't give a tinker's cuss for bluetooth/wireless headphones at all.

That's pretty much how I feel, though I do use the headphones a lot. There's a ton of stuff wrong in the world that a headphone jack isn't going to get any energy from me because there are options to still do what I want/need.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77