Contest: Win the brand new iPad Pro from iMore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

visly

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
The iPad Pro will compliment my creative workflow, and will double up as a creative workstation.

My favourite feature is the screen size itself. A whooping 12.9" for an ipad. That's a lot of real estate for creative work on the go. With iOS9's dual screen multitasking features, imagine the things you can do to improve the workflow..

This device is definitely worth considering, and will be a great sidekick to my aging MacBook Pro.

GoldenSilver

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm a 3D artist and animator in the middle of updating my portfolio. If I won a new iPad, I'd purchase an Apple Pencil and use it on my character designs. Currently I use an old Wacom Intuos and would like to experience drawing directly on the screen. Try as I might, I can't match my drawing skills on paper with an Intros. I feel drawing directly on the screen will be the leap in technology I've been yearning for.

Currently I'm using Mischief for my sketching although I have experience of using Procreate. Procreate has a brilliant brush engine that I can only imagine shines with a pencil. I'm in an industry that shies away from Apple products (3D industry) and getting people to use the iPad with a stylus might turn some heads. Many are eager to get a Surface Pro 4 because it has a stylus/Photoshop/Zbrush. I on the other hand would like to try a product from what I'm hearing has a best-in-class pen/brush performance.

I have no interest in using he iPad for 3D production because of lack of industry quality software on iOS and no access to shortcut keys. The iPad would be entirely about painting and designing characters that I will be going on to modelling and animating. In short, I'm after something that will topple a Wacom Cintiq. Yes I know you can use Zbrush with a Cintiq and not on an iPad, but lord does the Cintiq have a terrible screen.

Also I am VERY interested in the palm rejection tech built into Apple products going into the future. This technology is probably going into other Apple products eventually and I am very eager too sample Apple's take on the whole area. When Apple enters a market, they tend to do it with grace. I also feel that reporting and demonstrating palm rejection has been lacklustre so far. Difficult to find an actual artist trying it out. I've seen the Disney views and even they refuse to rest their palm on the screen while drawing. So I'm eager to give the tyres a good kicking.

Last edited:

JStaggie

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm enthusiastic about taking handwritten notes and moving the paper diagramming and sketch work I do to the iPad Pro. The demos of the pencil in action really look amazing.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I plan on upgrading my wife from the iPad Mini 2 to the iPad Pro. She's an event planner and could benefit from the increased screen size, not to mention the productivity features. I believe that the Apple Pencil would allow her to create designs for her clients that appear as if they've come to life on the display! It'll also make it easier for her to take down notes and sketches when she's doing a consultation.

Stephen Kinsella

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I'd use it for teaching, the big screen allows the manipulation of large models in a way that will be brilliant for students to see. It's actually the iPad I've been waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasperEva