Contest: Win the brand new iPad Pro from iMore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenInCO

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Ways I would use an iPad Pro.
- A bigger, better media consumption device with stereo sound. This includes games and movies.
- Web browser while watching Daily Show, Nightly Show and Colbert. (I don't browse while watching great scripted shows, but your eyes and full attention don't always need to be on the screen durning an interview.)
- I might dabble in art with the pencil. I'd need a lot of practice to become decent.
- Mail and messages.
- I'd give iMovie a chance, but I'm a happy FCP X user.
- FaceTime while helping my niece with homework. (Although we often just screen share.)

I'm sure I'd discover a lot more, but those are the use cases that come to mind immediately.

prochkon

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, I would definitely love to have this iPad Pro because I'll be starting college soon at Valencia College in Orlando Florida. I'll be working on getting a Associates Degree in Performing Arts. Because I've been a musician for about 11 years. I play the Clarinet. From there, after I graduate, I intend to attend the University of Central Florida to get a Bachelor's Degree in Musical Performance. From there, I plan on to continue to practice diligently for long hours every day to audition for a United States Navy Band! So, I hope I wind up winning the iPad Pro because it definitely is one beautiful tablet and I could definitely use it for college.

jimbo1979

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'd use mine to get back into doing artwork, I've just not got the space for all the paints and paper anymore and all of it can be done onscreen with the iPad pro!

SmoothWitIt22

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to the multitasking function. To allow me to be creative with apps that focus on drawing and photos and take a break to play a game without switching screens back and forth.

dmdeissjr

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I teach research methods and communication theory at a community college. Sometimes I need to teach students in a break out discussion. I want to be able to sit down with a student in the classroom and show them slides and particular information on the iPad. The screen is large enough for both the student and I to be able to see what we need to see.

Adolph Vasquez

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
My wife is going back to school to be a nurse some of the applications that she uses is quite small even on an iPad. iPad pro would be ideal for her anatomy applications.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I'd love to use this for personal use, sketching, gaming, and media, and I'd love to have it as a tool for my students to have access to in my classroom. Especially with the introduction of Apple Pencil.

sol95

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I work from home with an iMac (2014 BTO) in my home office, and previously, a Macbook Pro 15 retina (2015) as my computer when out of the office. However, earlier this year, I retired the Macbook Pro to my wife and tried to move my mobile computing to my iPad Air 2. Mostly, it's been a success, especially with the recent release of iOS9 and multi-tasking.
However, some of my gripes have been the smaller screen, which becomes even smaller with 2 apps, and the need to carry a separate bluetooth keyboard (Logitech Keys to Go). I know there are keyboards that attach to the iPad, but I don't like the way they bulk up the device. I also use a stylus, but the lag along with its lack of fine accuracy can be irritating at times.
So I'm really looking forward to using the iPad Pro with its bigger screen. Using a single app will mean less squinting (I'm getting older now!), and when using 2 apps, they'll still look fine without looking like a squished iPhone version. Also, the Apple Smart Cover with keyboard is something I'm looking forward to using alongside the Apple Pencil.
All in all, the iPad Pro and related peripherals look like they've been released specifically for my work case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28