Contest: Win the brand new iPad Pro from iMore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaSaint

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I've recently sold my iMac and I'm switching back to a mobile device for my computing needs. I have a 4th gen iPad that is okay but the home button is starting to go out and it's lack of split screen support makes life harder. So I'm still debating between an iPad Pro or a MacBook for my mobile machine but winning an iPad would make that decision easier :)

theshanextm

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I plan to use my iPad Pro as a secondary computer - A more portable laptop in a way. I considered getting a MacBook for this purpose, but everything the iPad Pro can do makes it the obvious choice for me.
I am hoping this helps me with my learning in graphic design and small photo projects I work on.

otaku83

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I would try to use it on the floor at work (I am a warehouse manager) to help speed up inventory controls, but my girlfriend would also (I'm sure) use it to sketch and design artwork.

djgeorg3

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Once i have my new iPad Pro I will use it to sketch new ideas for my design portfolio, edit photos on it, do a couple of DJ gigs at My friends bar/lounge see how capable it is under pressure. I would also use it at work , pretty much I want to see if I can go by with just iPad Pro in my day to day life.

Hywelbane

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I would love to try it as a sketching pad. The bigger screen and Apple Pencil just might make this work well for that. I've always found the iPad Air just a touch too small for sketching/drawing.

RalNew

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Owning and ad agency and web development firm, I plan to ditch my older MacBook and use the iPad Pro for virtually all the work previously done on the laptop. Plus, on the personal side, viewing my streaming shows, videos and iOS apps on this glorious 12.9" Retina display will be one helluva move up from my current iPad 4. For many months now, I've been evangelizing to our clients about this upcoming new device and how it will make their tasks more enjoyable -- many are ready to snag one now!

Thomas Chappell

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I plan to use this to help teach my 2 year old his abc and 123s. lus my 9 year old daughter can use it for her school work maybe I could actually have my phone back haha!

jodanchudan

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I'll be loving the dream at school (as a teacher, not a student): annotating a poem or essay using the Pencil in Notability and, using split screen, revealing its structure with MindNode or OmniOutliner.

pepperonijack

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll use split-screen multitasking a lot. I'm always five-finger-app-switching on my iPad, and since it's an Air it's not getting split-creen apps. Having two apps on screen at the same time, and on the huge iPad Pro screen, would be awesome!

Apollo182

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I think its a complete package for myself. I had the original iPad and used it on a daily basis. That was until iPhones became more powerful and easier to use. I purchased a Surface Pro 3 about 3 months ago to start blogging about my new life as a single, divorced, nerd father. It was pretty good for typing out blogs, but I just felt it was lost between having a full on laptop and a functioning tablet. Games from steam ran ok, but the games from the Windows Store just were not there. My daughter would use the pen for coloring, but it felt like it was overpriced and underpowered. The new iPad Pro will allow me to write with a full keyboard(Bluetooth Apple keyboard) and have the apps for my daughter and I to play with to warrant being a tablet.

cooky23

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I would love to use the iPad Pro as a note taking tool for classes. It would be also replace my MacBook which runs fine, but is already 9 years old (but I still love it). :heart:
I especially look forward to the Apple Pencil compatibility!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I really like how the smart keyboard cover works. My iPad 4 replaced my Mac Air as the device I use to access files and take notes during meetings. I can see where the extra real estate of the Pro would be ideal for running Notes and reviewing important documents or spreadsheets at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludogg23