Contest: Win the brand new iPad Pro from iMore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Bravo

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
The whole draw of the iPad Pro for me is two-fold:
  1. complete paper replacement, and
  2. complete book library replacement.

Simply put,
I can use the multitasking feature to open a book on one side of the screen, an app like Paper (by 53) and do my homework with just one device!

Imagine you're taking a math class in college (or you're self-educating, with any subject really), and instead of lugging a ton of books around with you everywhere to do your studies, - you simply carry the iPad pro with PDF versions of all of your books on it.
When you show up to class (or your study spot), instead of having a backpack full of books, papers, etc - you have a small case for the iPad Pro, Apple Pencil.

So you show up without lugging a ton of heavy stuff, pop out your iPad pro, open the book to the page that you're learning from on one one side, and Paper for taking notes on the other, BOOM - you're ready for some heavy duty learning!
Also, if you're at a lecture, at any point in time, you can use the multitasking to hide the book part, and just focus on the notes, or vice-versa, or maybe pop open a graphical calculator to plot a graph (or whatever other tool you might need), and that is that.

As an avid note-taker, I write a TON of notes, and then they all get lost - I could organize my notes, and never lose them again, unless I really want to erase them.

Also if you dabble with art, having a device that lets you jump into creative mode immediately at your fingertips is simply amazing. I love to draw, but again, real paper is messy to deal with because I always find a way to misplace the cool things I make, so I would finally doodle, draw, and just mess around with art - thanks to the assurance that I wont lose what I worked in, and because the experience is finally close to working with a real sheet of paper.

Then there's the ability to use the screen to make music, or do a DJ gig with this one device, or have it Hold my musical notation for band jam sessions and performances.

TLDR: Complete Paper Replacement. - A Library of all your notes, drawings, and books, all on one device.

Last edited:

harle83

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would use it to work split screen and for my art work. That 12.9 inch display is the perfect size to do a little of everything with.

vpm2

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
This is the ultimate computer for actors. I can read and annotate scripts, watch movie/tv clips, and video chat with agents and clients.

napatisgood

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
If I get the iPad Pro, I would use it in my everyday life such as at work, when I'm bored and in the bathroom. I would use it to watch movies, play games and even draw.

Davis Allie

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'll use the iPad Pro to support my iOS app development. On the large screen I'll be able to have 2 full apps open at once while I'm running Xcode on my main screen as well as being able to use it to run and test my iPad apps.

tomklyn

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
i would use this to edit photos and 4k video just starting out with imovie kinda got into it after upgrading my iphone 6 plus

EricLee98

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
My favourite feature of the new iPad Pro is definitely the quad-speakers setup with a big yet high resolution display. This means I no longer have to rely on my laptop to do my work and I can watch movies anywhere with the iPad Pro.

EricLee98

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
My favourite feature of the iPad Pro is definitely the quad-speakers with a big yet high resolution screen. This means I no longer have to rely on my laptop to work and I can watch movies anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28