Connecting iPhone to new Mac...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
This may be seen as a silly question but oh well, doesnt hurt to ask!:D

I bought a new Mac tower today. I LOVE it and it is a world of difference coming from my old G5 isight. Anyway, I have transfered just about everything over to my new computer and I am now working on the music collection. I am just about done and then I am going to hook up my iPhone 4 for the first time.

What is going to happen? Will I be able to sync over all my apps and my folder setup(s) etc? My friend seems to think that I have to WIPE the device and start over. I was told earlier that I will be able to throw everything from the device onto the new computer.

Any help? Thanks guys!

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
hmmm... i best i can do is make an educated guess... if you can find the file that has all the apps in it then move that over and they will all be there.

but when you hook it up first tell it to do a back up, then make sure all the music and apps are on the computer, then tell iTunes to sync.

its going to tell you that it can only sync with one computer at a time so make sure again that all the music and apps are on the new comp then hit go.

this will wipe and replace only the music and apps but will link the device to that computer so you wont have to go through that again.

tell me if that helps

best of luck

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I suppose it depends how you transferred your data from your original machine. I recently bought a new iMac and used Migration Assistant to do the job.

This transferred all my Applications and their settings across and I didn't have to set anything up (Mail, Internet, Airport, iTunes etc). I just plugged in my iPhone and everything carried on as normal.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz