Class action suit alleges Apple lies to customers over size and resolution of iPhone X, XS and XS Max

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
When I go to a restaurant, I want my food to look as delicious as the advertised image on the menu, however, I am repeatedly disappointed. I learned that the ‘advertised image’ on the menu (a mere photograph) is not the same as the actual purchased item and what I actually purchased is what was described underneath the advertised image...

...not the same thing at all. At least the advertised image is still the same thing you get in front of you. What Apple is doing here is telling people there's a 5.8" display in iPhone X/XS, but there's only actually 5.6" of display.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...not the same thing at all. At least the advertised image is still the same thing you get in front of you. What Apple is doing here is telling people there's a 5.8" display in iPhone X/XS, but there's only actually 5.6" of display.

I disagree. Various burger joints advertise a burger with a pound of meat and yet, I don’t receive an actual pound of meat. In the fine print, they say it’s a pound before cooking.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

But does the phone not function properly? Does it take away from the overall experience?
People don’t have health insurance and we’re worried about this?
JMHO.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Advertising in the U.S. is out of control and it needs to be tamped down. Best Taco in the world, cleans better than an other product, edge to edge screen, most reliable truck, etc. it’s all a bunch of advertising nonsense and illegal in most countries.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Advertising in the U.S. is out of control and it needs to be tamped down. Best Taco in the world, cleans better than an other product, edge to edge screen, most reliable truck, etc. it’s all a bunch of advertising nonsense and illegal in most countries.

Yep, I agree that it is indeed out of control.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I disagree. Various burger joints advertise a burger with a pound of meat and yet, I don’t receive an actual pound of meat. In the fine print, they say it’s a pound before cooking.

It's always advertised as less than a pound on the fine print. I see the fine print the time in commercials on tv, in print, even on the menu. Apple doesn't post that the display is only 5.6 inches in advertisements. There is a difference.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
But does the phone not function properly? Does it take away from the overall experience?
People don’t have health insurance and we’re worried about this?
JMHO.

I expect to get a phone with a 5.8 inch screen, not a 5.6 inch screen. Yes, yes it does take away from the overall experience, especially since they're not being truthful about it.

Health insurance is a totally separate issue.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow how things change. Go from praising apple to now we have a pixel and it’s bashing. *. People can clearly see there is a notch on these phones multiple times before they buy the phone. There isn’t another way to measure screens right now besides corner to corner. I’m sure google says the same for their xl 3 which has even less usable screen than iPhones cause it has a massive notch. Don’t see you complaining about that.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow how things change. Go from praising apple to now we have a pixel and it’s bashing. *. People can clearly see there is a notch on these phones multiple times before they buy the phone. There isn’t another way to measure screens right now besides corner to corner. I’m sure google says the same for their xl 3 which has even less usable screen than iPhones cause it has a massive notch. Don’t see you complaining about that.

Wont let me edit

Don’t like a notch? Get a Samsung, that is, until the put a big hole in the corner of the screen for the front facing camera. :facepalm:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I expect to get a phone with a 5.8 inch screen, not a 5.6 inch screen. Yes, yes it does take away from the overall experience, especially since they're not being truthful about it.

Health insurance is a totally separate issue.

Again, to each their own.
The screen is measured corner to corner. Everyone knows there’s a notch.
If it’s taking away from your overall experience then, perhaps, you can start a “class action lawsuit”. That seems to be what people do these days.

You are correct that health care is a different issue (my point), it’s actually important. This is extremely low on my list.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Not much point to this thread really, advertisers lie,manufacturers lie, insurers lie, politicians lie. We all know that !!! So if you care, read the small print. This is about getting money by forcing companies to settle out of court (handsomely) to avoid bad publicity....

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not much point to this thread really, advertisers lie,manufacturers lie, insurers lie, politicians lie. We all know that !!! So if you care, read the small print. This is about getting money by forcing companies to settle out of court (handsomely) to avoid bad publicity....

A heckuva Christmas gift, right?...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77