Charging

_marlam

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay so yesterday my iPhone 5 was pretty much charged fully out of the box.

With my iPhone 4 I charged it fairly often and I think I killed the battery.

I get that you're supposed to drain it and recharge fully once a month but how do you charge?

Is there a certain limit you let it fall to before you plug it back in?

Give me some tips please, don't want to mess around with this battery.

Thanks!

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Charging the battery often extends its life, it does not shorten it. Apple's website contains battery management tips.

Fully draining and then charging the battery actually shocks it and is not good for it, though it does reset the battery charge indicator.

Reactions: _marlam

_marlam

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Charging the battery often extends its life, it does not shorten it. Apple's website contains battery management tips.

Fully draining and then charging the battery actually shocks it and is not good for it, though it does reset the battery charge indicator.

So do you frequently have your charging? Say for example mines is at 55% now, would you suggest plugging in?

So fully draining and recharging should be avoided?

Sorry, I sound like a newb, I'm pretty nifty with the phone but really want to make the most of the battery life.

Jman1313

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, LiIon batteries actually get more charge cycles if you charge them at 50% drain, though I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just don't make it a point to fully drain every night and you'll be fine.

I was impressed with the first day's battery life. I ha 6 solid hours of use on both HSPA+ and wifi, including gaming and benchmarking, and I still had 18% left. There was another 2-3 hours of standby too.

So far this morning, I've already used it over an hour of web browsing and forum stuff with Tapatalk (which needs to update for the 4" screen), and I've only dropped 7%. That's impressive.

ezane8uz.jpg

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I usually have around 40-50 percent charge before I go to bed. So I basically just plug it in every night.. never hurt the battery

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB